Election Chatter Thread...

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
the twilight zone
I've been binging the original on Netflix, its such a great concept plus its a trip to realize most of the people I'm watching aren't alive. Its also astonishingly "white", not much diversity back in the day

Smitty

DCC 4Life
There are a lot of policy things that he did well.

But that is not what the job calls for. There are a lot of other things that go into the job.
True; but I didn’t say he was perfect. He accomplished way more in four years than his predecessor did in 8, however, in terms of policy, and he did it under unprecedented attack from political opponents.

Obama has him beat in statesmanship and looking good in a suit, but he was sneakily divisive as well. “Typical white people,” the beer summit, etc, he made it a priority to say divisive things and pretend that they were being unifying. Like “let’s all acknowledge that racism still exists and come together and defeat it (but it’s you Republicans who are to blame for it all).”

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
No worries there. I’ve never seen her.

How far down the rabbit hole do you go?

Is Fox news insane enough for you or do you get your fix from Newsmax?
All cable media is shit, how you like those apples

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don’t condone those actions either. But you go ahead and try the ‘two wrongs make a right’ bullshit.

You're clearly incapable of any higher level thinking.
I agree that rioting by Republicans can't be justified by the rioting by Democrats. These things always devolve into why one was worse than the other. They are both wrong. Peaceful protest absolutely. But anyone acting like either side did anything short of awful is just wrong. What happened today should be condemned. Just like all the antifa bullshit should have been condemned.

It's funny as a lawyer who does family law I try to explain to my clients how stupid it is to do something just because the other side did it to you. I have this conversation almost daily. If you want to win you have to be better than your opponent, not imitate them.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I can’t imagine anyone who ran with the Russia/Trump scandal exclusively for 3 years on a nightly basis, being labeled as “the smartest person in the room”.

Unless you think that it was clever because, ratings?
Ran with it for three years only to have it be proven COMPLETELY false.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You're killing me, Smalls.

What does that movie have to do with Stamos?

Yes, I know you were referring to the "Did we just become best friends" line, but...

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
I agree that rioting by Republicans can't be justified by the rioting by Democrats. These things always devolve into why one was worse than the other. They are both wrong. Peaceful protest absolutely. But anyone acting like either side did anything short of awful is just wrong. What happened today should be condemned. Just like all the antifa bullshit should have been condemned.

It's funny as a lawyer who does family law I try to explain to my clients how stupid it is to do something just because the other side did it to you. I have this conversation almost daily. If you want to win you have to be better than your opponent, not imitate them.
Sad how it’s now used as an excuse for bad behavior.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Not any better.

I guess you get your ‘news’ from Twitter like the rest of the cooks.
I watch what multiple sources say and then form my own opinion, I don't have it spoon fed to me by an insane person like Maddow

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I truly hope so.

In case not, I am in all ways against the worst President in US history, Donald Trump.

The worst disgrace to ever be elected. Proving it more every second.
You misspelled Obama, the most divisive President ever

Top Bottom