Eagles Stuff...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I noticed you couldn't even pretend that Devin Street would be able to step up.
Yeah, I'm trying to keep my homerism at least quasi-realistic.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Our screen game with the RBs could be killer against the Eagles. I hope we dont suddenly forget how to do some of that stuff.
That's exactly what I was thinking. Defensively the Eagles blitzed like a kid playing Madden last year (they've pretty much always done that) and the way we passed to the backs against NY combined with the way those backs created in space to take those passes for extra yardage makes me think that quick passes to the backs and to Beasley who is elusive with the ball in his hands will go for some big gains against those all out blitzes.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That's exactly what I was thinking. Defensively the Eagles blitzed like a kid playing Madden last year (they've pretty much always done that) and the way we passed to the backs against NY combined with the way those backs created in space to take those passes for extra yardage makes me think that quick passes to the backs and to Beasley who is elusive with the ball in his hands will go for some big gains against those all out blitzes.
Not really. Under Jim Johnson, yes. Davis is a little like Marinelli, he would prefer four guys only. The blitz appears more evident because he uses more corner dogs and will rush one of the two OLBs consistently. He was about middle of the road in the NFL last year in sending more than four guys.

He is not Rex Ryan, for example.

If I am the Cowboys, I do what the Falcons did. Use playaction to suck in their LBers and attack the perimeter with quick passes.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Not really. Under Jim Johnson, yes. Davis is a little like Marinelli, he would prefer four guys only. The blitz appears more evident because he uses more corner dogs and will rush one of the two OLBs consistently. He was about middle of the road in the NFL last year in sending more than four guys.

He is not Rex Ryan, for example.

If I am the Cowboys, I do what the Falcons did. Use playaction to suck in their LBers and attack the perimeter with quick passes.
That doesn't sound like Marinelli. He doesn't consistently send any kind of Blitz.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That doesn't sound like Marinelli. He doesn't consistently send any kind of Blitz.
Well, that's because he sends four guys in a 4-3. In theory, a 3-4 team sends a blitz if they rush an OLB.

For the most part, that's what Davis does. He's not creeping up safeties or sending the inside guys.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Well, that's because he sends four guys in a 4-3. In theory, a 3-4 team sends a blitz if they rush an OLB.

For the most part, that's what Davis does. He's not creeping up safeties or sending the inside guys.
I guess that's what they meant last year when they quoted that Philly sent blitzes a high % of the time. I assumed that meant 5 or more.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I guess that's what they meant last year when they quoted that Philly sent blitzes a high % of the time. I assumed that meant 5 or more.
He got very desperate at the end of last season. He sent five or more at lot and it killed him. Look at the 2nd Eagles game. He left Fletcher out to dry.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Or maybe the extra 2 pts reflects the fact we are without our lead WR and our best pass rusher.
Crawford, who had the team's lone sack, is still playing. And who exactly plays WR for the Eagles?

Yeah, I think Dallas is perfectly ready to face Sam Bradford's 77.1 QB rating and a 63 yard rushing attack.

We just need to hold onto the fucking football.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Bradford loves dinking and dunking, if the defense tackles well and doesn't allow Sproles and the like to rack up YAC, and does a reasonable job stopping the run, their offense won't do much. Offensively we just need to not turn it over and protect Romo, we do that and he'll pick apart their secondary even without Dez.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Bradford loves dinking and dunking, if the defense tackles well and doesn't allow Sproles and the like to rack up YAC, and does a reasonable job stopping the run, their offense won't do much. Offensively we just need to not turn it over and protect Romo, we do that and he'll pick apart their secondary even without Dez.
We need to hit Bradford.

dallen

Senior Tech
Damn! Next time Dez is out we need to sit Romo

Top Bottom