Eagles’ Riley Cooper apologizes for using racial slur at Kenny Chesney concert

data

Forbes #1
I bet you Schmitty is actually African-American, but he just doesn't know it, ala Dave Chappelle style.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I bet you Schmitty is actually African-American, but he just doesn't know it, ala Dave Chappelle style.
Not sure, but comparing son of a bitch and nigger is a stupid comparison.

gator

Brand New Member
You know what the link between Hernandez and Cooper is? They both lived with Tebow in college. You can't make this stuff up.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
You know what the link between Hernandez and Cooper is? They both lived with Tebow in college. You can't make this stuff up.
Tebow is actually an evil mastermind criminal genius who just so happens to be violently racist as well, all this other stuff is just a front.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That's funny as hell.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
From Cooper's own teammate, Cary Williams (yeah, he's black, although the name "Cary" would be better if he were "Tyrone"):

“[A]t the end of the day, we look at . . . rap artists [and] some people in the locker room, that word gets tossed around. And what I think about my grandmother and my great-grandmother having to endure being called that name . . . . We as a black community sometimes pounce on somebody who uses it in a derogatory way when there are times in the black community when we use it freely. I think there’s no place for that word in anybody’s language, in anybody’s mouth or off anybody’s tongue, whether you’re black, white, green, purple, blue. It’s still the same meaning, it’s still a harsh word.”
:golfclap

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I do think it is funny Cooper is getting the Mel Gibson treatment like he went on some sort of extended drunken rant instead of using a word that is liberally thrown around in the 20-something subculture.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I agree...this is overblown...it not help that this is a slow news time for all sports.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Tim Tebow has nothing to say about Riley Cooper

Posted by Darin Gantt on August 2, 2013, 6:40 PM EDT

Tim Tebow’s working out at Gillette Stadium, but he’s apparently living under a rock.

The Patriots quarterback decided to pass when asked for comment on his old college roommate Riley Cooper, who — perhaps you’ve heard — has gotten himself into some hot water this week.

“I haven’t seen everything that’s happened,” Tebow said, via Emily Kaplan of the Boston Globe. “I’ve been pretty busy. I’m going to wait to comment until I hear what happened.”

Um, Tim, here’s the short version.

Cooper got drunk and said something hateful, which offended many of his teammates, and there’s no possible way any person employed in the NFL can be so focused that they haven’t heard about it.

For all his leadership and intangibles, Tebow’s developed a habit of not having much to say when one of his old pals gets in trouble, just as he didn’t comment on Aaron Hernandez.

Or maybe he’s just waiting to deny the Gators three times before the rooster crows and he weeps bitterly.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
People forget that Jesus had a pretty rough group of homies. Pimps, hoes, thieves and murderers. Shoot, Paul at one time would have been happy to kill Jesus while he was persecuting Christians left and right. That dude ended up writing most of the new testament.

Anyway, the bible lesson for today is over. Please put some money in the basket on your way out.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
People forget that Jesus had a pretty rough group of homies. Pimps, hoes, thieves and murderers. Shoot, Paul at one time would have been happy to kill Jesus while he was persecuting Christians left and right. That dude ended up writing most of the new testament.

Anyway, the bible lesson for today is over. Please put some money in the basket on your way out.
Jesus had already accended before Saul started on his tirade so I am only leaving a thank you for the lesson.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I think it's more important that people understand that Jesus most likely wasn't the divine son of god.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I think it's more important that people understand that Jesus most likely wasn't the divine son of god.
Thanks for sharing. Not sure anyone would have known your position on this had you not stated it again.

Doing your best Smitty impersonation! See, you only hate me because you are the same.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Well this didn't go in the direction that I thought it was going to.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Thanks for sharing. Not sure anyone would have known your position on this had you not stated it again.

Doing your best Smitty impersonation! See, you only hate me because you are the same.
Had I already said this?

Weird.

Top Bottom