'Duck Dynasty': Phil Robertson anti-gay sermon surfaces

Jiggyfly

Banned
I agree. And the left encourages that behavior.
That's so much bullshit.:lol

The right's whole platform the last 6 years has been one of victimization and polarization just listen to Fox and Rush.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That's so much bullshit.:lol

The right's whole platform the last 6 years has been one of victimization and polarization just listen to Fox and Rush.
You mean the Republican party's platform. Not the right.

superpunk

Banned
According to the bible there is no difference between homosexuality and bestiality. Or between bestiality and adultery. Or between adultery and lying. In God's eyes sin is sin and He doesn't differentiate between different sins. He cannot look upon sin period. There are no degrees of sin in God's eyes, that's a human creation. He also doesn't differentiate between sin when He forgives us for our sins. Speaking out against sin and against the willful sinner is not hateful, whether it hits you personally or not. I don't get mad at my pastor when he preaches against divorce because I know he's not targeting me personally, he's talking about sin and sinful behavior.

Being a homosexual is NOT a sin. Engaging in homosexual acts is. Temptation is not a sin. Yielding to temptation is.
The mistake you're making is thinking everyone indulges the bible the same way that you do.

You look at the book as something special, the rest of it see it for what it is - a hateful, spiteful book written by cavemen. So when people start using it to reinforce their caveman ideas about things like "sin", the rest of us see hatred where you just see "well it's what the good book says".

The good book is fucking retarded. And you can't fall back on it to support your hatred when not everyone subscribes to your particular brand of retardation because not everyone respects it like you do. So "Phil is just sayin' what the bible says" is bullshit. You can't spout that hatred and intolerance and bigotry and it be ok just because you're quoting from bronze age morons, not matter how many love the sinner, hate the sin platitudes you attach to it.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The mistake you're making is thinking everyone indulges the bible the same way that you do.

You look at the book as something special, the rest of it see it for what it is - a hateful, spiteful book written by cavemen. So when people start using it to reinforce their caveman ideas about things like "sin", the rest of us see hatred where you just see "well it's what the good book says".

The good book is fucking retarded. And you can't fall back on it to support your hatred when not everyone subscribes to your particular brand of retardation because not everyone respects it like you do. So "Phil is just sayin' what the bible says" is bullshit. You can't spout that hatred and intolerance and bigotry and it be ok just because you're quoting from bronze age morons, not matter how many love the sinner, hate the sin platitudes you attach to it.
You are pretty good at spouting hatred yourself.

superpunk

Banned
Yeah. I hate institutionalized discrimination and hatred. How awful. Next thing you know I'll say nasty things about the KKK.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yeah. I hate institutionalized discrimination and hatred. How awful. Next thing you know I'll say nasty things about the KKK.
Well with that attitude you leave me no choice but to pray for you my brother. :art

Smitty

DCC 4Life

:lol

Ignorance.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

You should go spout this over at DCU where some retard like mb4 or jon88 might care what you say.

Oh. Wait.

Gotta be a real fuck up to get punted out of that place. :lol

Cowboy Hank

Brand New Member

What's interesting is you accuse me of being retarded, call me a moron, say I'm full of hatred and intolerance, yet you're the one spouting all the hatred and intolerance. If how you act is considered kind and polite, I'll happily wear the label of hateful and intolerant. You attack me with your rudimentary and woefully inadequate knowledge of the subject matter, but somehow think I'M the caveman. I'll spend the rest of the night giggling at the incredible hypocrisy and frankly, feeling sad that your level of ignorance is the rule, and not the exception in your circles.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member

Homosexuality is still a sin and "unseemly".

Karbala

Brand New Member

You are wrong. The good book, in particular the New Testament, was propaganda and designed to help grow Christianity.

There is a reason most historians disregard it as a "historical text."

I know what you are thinking. Historians are the work of the devil. Like fossils.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You are wrong. The good book, in particular the New Testament, was propaganda and designed to help grow Christianity.

I know what you are thinking. Historians are the work of the devil. Like fossils.
Grab an avatar and post more, seriously.

Cowboy Hank

Brand New Member
Homosexuality is still a sin and "unseemly".
Homosexuality is not a sin. Homosexual acts are.

Obviously you are quoting from Romans chapter one, which means you at least read some of the text, specifically Romans 1:27: "And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet."

BipolarFuk

Demoted

Prepare to be marginalized and shouted down by the religious right on this board.

You know, the small government guys who love religion. The biggest tool ever invented to control men and women.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
That's right, Karbala...the non-Christians on this board are often victimized. Watch your back because the vicious meanie heads are here to marginalize you.

Cowboy Hank

Brand New Member
Prepare to be marginalized and shouted down by the religious right on this board.

You know, the small government guys who love religion. The biggest tool ever invented to control men and women.
Yeah, because I've been viciously mean, shouting down anyone who didn't agree with everything I said. Read through the thread and you'll see the attempts to stifle discussion with insults and attacks are coming from the oh-so-tolerant anti-religious folks such as yourself. Real impressive, and a credit to your side of the discussion. :picard

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
And in particular get ready for.........Oh never mind. Just get ready I guess.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Homosexuality is not a sin. Homosexual acts are.

Obviously you are quoting from Romans chapter one, which means you at least read some of the text, specifically Romans 1:27: "And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet."
So you are distinguishing between homosexuality and homosexual acts? Interesting.

When I say homosexuality it encompasses homosexual acts.

Top Bottom