Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
WTF is CHarlotte analyzing that board for? What does she really have to contribute?
Why don't they all just leave? Why are they even in the room anymore. The night's business is over.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Rumor has it Atlanta coveted Lawrence. Lookie there, he wasn't there, so they got another guy that will step in as a starter for them.

GAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! My homer sensibilities have been bruised.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Falcons just shrugged off what Dallas did and drafted Hageman.

Honestly, he was probably the guy all along as they are converting to a 3-4/hybrid. I don't think they were as much of a threat as Jerry thought and panicked about.

You could write a book on the number of times Jerry Jones has panicked because he thought someone wanted a guy.

He got played again.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Rumor has it Atlanta coveted Lawrence. Lookie there, he wasn't there, so they got another guy that will step in as a starter for them.

I wonder if they just freaked out because Jerry took their guy?

Nope.

They just shrugged their shoulders and took another guy.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
No guarantee with that. JJ Wilcox was a 3rd rounder and he's not an upgrade over Heath.
Yes. Because 3rd rounders in that draft were the same talent levels as third rounders in this one.

You know. A draft where people have said it's the deepest one we've seen in a long time.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I think he was a a Falcon without our move. I agree it was a steep price and there was a lot of talent yo be had, but you move up for a first round graded player. Did it with Lee, did it again.
Did we pay a third to move up for Lee?

It better work out like that did.

D

Deuce

Right, cause Hageman is as good as Lawrence.

Feh

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
We are retards. We have no plan or sense of logic.

We always seem to trade up in deep drafts and down in weak drafts. We are dumb.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah, I get that. And I agree he probably would have been taken by the Falcons. But with our holes, we can't afford to package picks. That 3rd rounder more than likely would have been another starter for us. Any DT or safety we might have taken there would be instantly better than what we have now.
Correct.

I'll take Crichton and Sutton over Lawrence.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Sick burn.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Feh
I didn't say that he was. I said their probable guy was gone, they didn't shit all over themselves, and picked another guy that should start for them.

D

Deuce

Yes. Because 3rd rounders in that draft were the same talent levels as third rounders in this one.

You know. A draft where people have said it's the deepest one we've seen in a long time.
Just cause is deep doesn't mean all the players were fits. What if we kept the pick and planned to take C.J. Fiedorowicz? The bitching would have been endless. At least now the 3rd was used to achieve a goal and get a potentially elite talent.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Feh
If I asked you this in January, you would say, yes, he is.

And if I said the same in January, you just traded a premium pick for Lawrence, you would go...uhh, who?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Just cause is deep doesn't mean all the players were fits. What if we kept the pick and planned to take C.J. Fiedorowicz? The bitching would have been endless. At least now the 3rd was used to achieve a goal and get a potentially elite talent.
One dumb plan shouldn't excuse another.

Both plans are dumb.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Correct.

I'll take Crichton and Sutton over Lawrence.
The only way this trade makes sense is if Lawrence becomes an elite rusher.

I hate that Jerry can do this...make me hate players because he is too stupid to evaluate their value appropriately.

I actually had us trading all the way down in the first for him. That still doesn't mean he's worth another player on a team that frankly needs bodies everywhere.

D

Deuce

If I asked you this in January, you would say, yes, he is.

And if I said the same in January, you just traded a premium pick for Lawrence, you would go...uhh, who?
Of course, but that's cause I don't pay attention to Boise. The opinion of the scouts mean more to me than my newly acquired opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom