Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Hypothetical:

We draft Eric Ebron, then trade Witten for a 2nd.

We then use the 2nd to select Teddy Bridgewater.

Thoughts?
As long as we traded Witten wouldn't mind this scenario at all

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Carp

DCC 4Life
Drinking lots of fluids today...I am going to lose them tonight through tears or other means.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'm ok with moving back and getting a DL down there.

Crichton or Ealy in the late first? Fine by me.

data

Forbes #1
Prediction is we trade down as Donald, Manziel, Barr, Lewan and Martin all gone.

Even if Beckham, Shazier, Jernigan and both safeties are available, we trade down.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I'm ok with moving back and getting a DL down there.

Crichton or Ealy in the late first? Fine by me.
I don't really want those guys in the first.

It would be more palatable if we took them there after a couple trade downs. Hell, trade down 2-3 times and take one at the top of the 2nd while garnering a next years first? I might set a friction fire in my shorts.

data

Forbes #1
Drinking game anyone?

Everytime jerruh takes off his glasses.

Everytime the grandson is shown on nfl network.

Everytime will mcclay touches the telephone.

Everytime Jimmy Johnson, Barry Switzer, lacewell or wade Phillips is on espn in an old war room highlight.

Every pick past #7 that JFF doesn't get picked.

Last edited:

data

Forbes #1
As tradition continues, a reminder to newbies that only Dale can post in red

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think this one is easy. Anthony Barr to Dallas at pick 16 and Jerry will immediately begin making Ware comparisons.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I think this one is easy. Anthony Barr to Dallas at pick 16 and Jerry will immediately begin making Ware comparisons.
If I had to bet, that would be my bet at this point.

He's the guy who there has been the most smoke about us being interested in, plus likelihood to be available.

Follow it up with Crichton and Easley in the 2nd and 3rd and I'll be sporting my own pants tent.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
What are the odds they take Jimmy Garoppolo in the 2nd or 3rd? Assuming this Manziel to Dallas thing doesn't happen it would seem like a very Jerry move to get another EIU QB that he could justify sitting behind Romo for a year or two since he wasn't a first rounder. It would make for an interesting story and you know Jerry loves stories.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If I had to bet, that would be my bet at this point.

He's the guy who there has been the most smoke about us being interested in, plus likelihood to be available.

Follow it up with Crichton and Easley in the 2nd and 3rd and I'll be sporting my own pants tent.
Not only that but I think physically speaking he is the closest thing to Ware in the first round of this draft. You know Jerry is going to want to replace Ware in the worst way. The only thing that makes me nervous is that Jerry panics and moves up for Barr. I sure as hell wouldn't do it, especially not in this draft.

I'm not so high on Crichton and Easley but there are some definite DT's I could name in the second/third round I'd love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom