Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Seems like Terrance Mitchell might have been the highest rated guy that we drafted in the 7th. Some publications said 3rd or 4th.

I would have guessed Bishop or Dixon.

Hopefully Mitchell and Dixon stick at least as backups. If we get nothing else out of this, if we can get good DB depth from the end of this draft, it could at least prevent us from using resources in other years on the position.
We need to free up picks to trade up for Mariotta.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
We need to free up picks to trade up for Mariotta.
I don't want any part of Marcus Mariota. He's just another guy to add to the long list of zone read option QB busts.

Carp

DCC 4Life
To make a prioty UDFA signing like Copeland kind of looks to me like the 2 TE offense was a one year thing. I might be reading too much into it though.

Carp

DCC 4Life
B4ian Clarke is a nice find too. Some nice finds here. Washington as well.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Unless the draft tracker is broken, not a single player from the University of Texas was drafted this year.

Holy shat!

I doubt that's ever happened before.

Edit: ESPN has an article up saying this was the first time since 1937 that a Longhorn wasn't drafted.

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Texas' 2010 draft class was ranked in the top 5 by Rivals and ESPN and not a single player drafted. :lol

Hook 'em Horns!

2233boys

Not So New Member
Hell Division II Bloomsburg University had a player drafted. Bloomsburg is Podunk PA

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Makes me want him more. Johnny Samoan.
Why on Earth are you interested in a guy who has shit mechanics, can't read defenses, plays exclusively out of the shotgun, rarely goes through his progressions, and comes from an option based system? We know how this story ends. They fail.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Why on Earth are you interested in a guy who has shit mechanics, can't read defenses, plays exclusively out of the shotgun, rarely goes through his progressions, and comes from an option based system? We know how this story ends. They fail.
Why do you care who I like?

I was trolling more than anything, but proceed.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Why do you care who I like?

I was trolling more than anything, but proceed.
Because if you want him on our team, then we all suffer from that fucking horrifically terrible player. You may continue to troll now.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Maybe, but I doubt you know enough about Hitchens to make that call.
Good point. I don't. But, from everything I have read after the fact lead me to that analysis.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Texas' 2010 draft class was ranked in the top 5 by Rivals and ESPN and not a single player drafted. :lol

Hook 'em Horns!
First time since 1937.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Awww, Sam kissed his twink
CowboysZone is a Dallas Cowboys football forum and not a forum or platform for discussing, ranting or raving about your support or displeasure at the drafting of the first openly gay NFL player, Michael Sam, by the St. Louis Rams.

No matter your viewpoint on this, it does not belong here! This is going to be a huge news story on just about every news site as well as countless twitter and blog pages, so feel free to go to those sites and rant or rave as much as you want.

If your account is suspended for ignoring this warning, you have no one to blame but yourself. CowboysZone staff members do not enforce rules based on political or religious beliefs. Rules are enforced based on the CowboysZone Forum Rules and Guidelines.

This is the last warning that will be given. Consider yourself informed!

/reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom