DMN: Will RB Darius Jackson find a spot in Cowboys' crowded running backs' room?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Ok, I think that's what all 6th and 7th rounders are and you hope they over perform and push there way onto the squad.

I think they should be looking for the best player they can find. Not, hey we need a backup to a backup to a backup just in case.

At that stage of the draft I prefer big school guys who maybe slipped for one reason or another.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I think they should be looking for the best player they can find. Not, hey we need a backup to a backup to a backup just in case.

At that stage of the draft I prefer big school guys who maybe slipped for one reason or another.
I think you can do both especially when you have multiple picks in that round.

All things being even with a prospect you start looking at the parameters I gave IMO.

townsend

Banned
I wouldn't want to part with McFadden. Guy's too much of an asset on 3rd down to let get away. Dunbar should have been out the door two years ago. We have at least two better backfield receivers, and we already have Whitehead to be a weird gadget player. Seems like all your running backs should be able to run.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I wouldn't want to part with McFadden. Guy's too much of an asset on 3rd down to let get away. Dunbar should have been out the door two years ago. We have at least two better backfield receivers, and we already have Whitehead to be a weird gadget player. Seems like all your running backs should be able to run.
Morris will be twice the back McFadden was on 3rd down. He can GTFO.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Morris looked ready to broaden his game in preseason. If the choice comes down to him or McFadden as "insurance", it isn't even close.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If all you want is a 3rd down back, how you feel McFadden is that is beyond me. That is a costly 3rd down back you basically have to block differently for.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
If all you want is a 3rd down back, how you feel McFadden is that is beyond me. That is a costly 3rd down back you basically have to block differently for.
Heck, I'd much rather go with Jackson on the cheap. At least he can play ST and not get injured from being a dumbass.

townsend

Banned
Well he's was also a guy who was top 5 in rushing yards while only starting 10 games. So it's not that he's just a 3rd down back. He's a legit starting quality running back who, unlike Morris, isn't a liability if he's asked to protect our QB.

Top Bottom