Divisional Round Playoff Chatter | Cowboys vs Packers | 1/11/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Whew, thank god Jiggy came in and weighed in. [MENTION=3]boozeman[/MENTION] you can shut this bitch down now.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I look at it this way... If there was ANY plausible way Romo could/should be blamed, ESPN and the rest would be all over that shit. Any little kind of Romo gaff is like chum in the water for them. And seeing how it was a divisional playoff game...? They would be crucifying him right now.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Wow I never saw this side of the board.

I don't know how anyone can be upset that Romo picked Dez in that coverage it's giving your All Pro WR a chance to make a play and PI also comes into play.

Was it the safest play no but Beasly was covered at the snap and his guy blitzed and it was a bang bang play he read the coverage correctly and went to the correct guy.

To be bitching about Romo on that play is silly, the defense still had a chance to get the ball back.
It was a very accurate throw to an absolute monster of a WR in single coverage. Not a high percentage play design, but given what he had quite an amazing throw. Far better than the bullshit they pulled on 3rd and 1 in the first half with a chance to bury the Pack early.

Had the play stood and Dallas held on to win, people would be saying incredibly good things about both Romo and Dez and that play would be on an endless loop (in a good way).

kidd

DCC 4Life
One more look at the infamous freeze frame (I swear it feels like the friggin Zebruder film by now), Romo has a blitzing CB bearing down on him on his right side where Beasley is. Who's to say the pass doesn't get batted down?

There are way too many variables on that play that none of us know anything about. But one little screen shot from Sturm and it's "OMGEEZZ!!1!! BAD REEEAADD!!11!1!"

I love how people can take a screen shot and find things to piss and moan about.

And no this isn't about me defending Romo for the sake of defending Romo.

This is about calling people out on some stupid bullshit.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If I told you that our season hinged on a jump ball thrown to Dez in 1 on 1 coverage against a good but not great CB I'm pretty sure most would take that.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
This has degenerated into a drunk family argument. None of what's been said over the last 5-6 pages makes any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom