Divisional Round Chatter Thread | Packers vs Cowboys | 01-15-2017

data

Forbes #1

I've shared my anxiety the whole week, wondering why I'm at this extreme now when I wasn't in 2007 and 2014, when we were in similar playoff circumstances.

After re-watching Dak's FTF package, I realize that it's because I fucking adore the players and makeup of this team again. Back in the day, we had a bunch of eye-rollers including temp player TO, love/hate relationship Romo, FGFP Wade Phillips, TRRW, Jerruh front & center.

I was rooting moreso for the laundry out of habit.

This year, though, from Dak to Zeke, Tyron to Martin, old winter Witten, All-Pro (!) Sean Lee and the upstart no-name DLs, I love these dudes. Chris Jones lays a pop. Dez, for all his transgressions, at least has been DC since Day One and you know is 100% all in. Even Morris Claiborne has pleased. Dan Bailey for crissakes. While Garrett may not be upper echelon coach, I can at least respect his character and consistency - none of this Switzer bullshit. Guys that just come out and do their job.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I hadn't seen the Lee one until just now. OMFG :towel

townsend

Banned
The mountain cedar that's blowing through north TX has been murder on my throat, I might blow out my fucking voice box today.

Cotton

Staff member
I've shared my anxiety the whole week, wondering why I'm at this extreme now when I wasn't in 2007 and 2014, when we were in similar playoff circumstances.

After re-watching Dak's FTF package, I realize that it's because I fucking adore the players and makeup of this team again. Back in the day, we had a bunch of eye-rollers including temp player TO, love/hate relationship Romo, FGFP Wade Phillips, TRRW, Jerruh front & center.

I was rooting moreso for the laundry out of habit.

This year, though, from Dak to Zeke, Tyron to Martin, old winter Witten, All-Pro (!) Sean Lee and the upstart no-name DLs, I love these dudes. Chris Jones lays a pop. Dez, for all his transgressions, at least has been DC since Day One and you know is 100% all in. Even Morris Claiborne has pleased. Dan Bailey for crissakes. Guys that just come out and do their job.
I think this pretty well reflects how I feel. It's just a different team this year. They fight. They really do truly fight. For everything they have gotten, to everything they want to achieve, they have fought for it. They were given no chance to start the season and commenced to roll off 11 straight. They have beaten very good teams in the Packers and Steelers in their house. They have overcome, and overly impressed. They are a team to be feared..... and they are just now getting started.

Cotton

Staff member

Holy Christ. I may seriously have a mental breakdown before today is over.

Cotton

Staff member
First nervous shit of the day coming up.

D

Deuce

Holy Christ. I may seriously have a mental breakdown before today is over.
A fun video that got awkward when Aikman to Irvin clips played. BISP every. single. time.

Cotton

Staff member
This f'n guy always gets to me.
Same here. A man that is truly and unabashedly one of the biggest Cowboys fans of all time. I loved him when he played and love him now.

Cotton

Staff member
I may have to start drinking way early to calm my nerves.

Cotton

Staff member

townsend

Banned
Having Marinelli as DC has really changed the feel of this team. Zimmer, Stewart, Phillips, and especially that bitch Ryan, their teams were way more talented, but had no fucking grit.

On the other side having an offense with a talented, intelligent, and close knit group of guys on the oline changed everything. We had talented lines before but they were slap dashed together, we didn't know if we wanted power or finesse. Kyle Kosier and Leonard Davis were meant for two completely different offenses.

Having an offensive line at that level, as well as just the most reliable, professional, toughest veteran in the league made for a unit that (amazing) rookies could walk into an succeed in. Dak and Zeke couldn't have just plugged in to the Rams.

God bless Romo, btw, not many men have the strength to push down their ego for the sake of the team. It's one thing for a Garrett bot to give the company line while the organization is devoted to him, it's another to see the end of your decade long tenure as the starter and say "team first." I think he gets cheered in Dallas for the rest of his playing days, even as an opponent.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
And, while we are on Witten...

:staydown

townsend

Banned
This was the moment I first became a Cowboys fan.

Mod Edit: embedded video

Last edited by a moderator:

Cotton

Staff member
If you don't want to get a boner, do not watch this.

Top Bottom