Divisional Round Chatter Thread | 01-13-2017-01-14-2018

data

Forbes #1
Some retard on the radio just said this Saints loss was more devastating for him than when he lost his house during hurricane Katrina.

:lol
It wasn't even the Super Bowl. On the list of traumatic losses, the Seahawks INT is higher on the list.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Some retard on the radio just said this Saints loss was more devastating for him than when he lost his house during hurricane Katrina.

:lol
JFC, people are stupid.

vince

Not So New Member
Wasn't there a video of a Pittsburgh fan destroying his TV a few years ago that turned out to be fake? I have to think most of these are fake, though I don't deny losing your mind after a crazy loss.

Cotton

Staff member

:lol:lol:lol

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

No greater feeling in sports.

Cotton

Staff member

data

Forbes #1
[MENTION=11]L.T. Fan[/MENTION] [MENTION=188]DLK150[/MENTION]

Thinking about Marcus Williams, you recall how much shit Everson Walls got after The Catch?

I recall interviews where it was stated lots of media/fans blamed Jethro Pugh for letting Bart Starr score the Ice Bowl QB sneak.

Stars

DCC 4Life
I don't know about throwing my tv off of a balcony, but if that Saints shit happened the exact way to Dallas, I assure you I would at least throw my tv remote onto the floor and shatter it :lol Also, just hearing about that play during every game the next year would almost make every game unwatchable. That was straight up brutal and devastating as a sports fan. The DB had at least 4 options of how to play that pass that would've ended the game, instead he lowered his head and without seeing anything but the fucking ground, completely whiffed. At least he also knocked his own guy out of the play as well. Unreal.

....when Dallas loses in the playoffs, you can prepare yourself way earlier for the loss at the end of the game. It's just Aaron Rodgers driving down the field for an inevitable score. Don't even sweat that anymore.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
[MENTION=11]L.T. Fan[/MENTION] [MENTION=188]DLK150[/MENTION]

Thinking about Marcus Williams, you recall how much shit Everson Walls got after The Catch?
I do but a lot of people forget that wasn't the end of the game. Dallas was driving with like a minute left but Danny ended up fumbling after being sacked and SF recovered. It was gut wrenching.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
#Vikings coach Mike Zimmer opens press conference by rattling off things they did wrong yesterday. “We made some critical errors in that game that could’ve got us beat.” That Parcells education paying off.

Someone tweeted this and I saw it on Reddit.

I just wanted to highlight this because I love that this is immediately Zimmer's emphasis. This is what good coaches do.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I just wanted to highlight this because I love that this is immediately Zimmer's emphasis. This is what good coaches do.
Oh yeah? How you ya know Garrett doesn't do this? Huh? Huh? He could do it behind closed doors. Do ya know if he does that? Well, do ya?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Do you think it burns Jerry that he trained Zimmer and never got to enjoy the fruits of that development?

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
I do but a lot of people forget that wasn't the end of the game. Dallas was driving with like a minute left but Danny ended up fumbling after being sacked and SF recovered. It was gut wrenching.
Exactly, and a lot of people have forgotten that. Too much emphasis is placed on the catch. We still had a legitimate chance with about a minute left when White had the ball ripped from him.
I wanted to cry

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Exactly, and a lot of people have forgotten that. Too much emphasis is placed on the catch. We still had a legitimate chance with about a minute left when White had the ball ripped from him.
I wanted to cry
Yeah and instead "The Catch" was immortalized for all time. I can't even watch a commercial that shows it over thirty years later, it gets pushed as some iconic football moment. He was an average receiver in the right place at the right time, something like an afterthought 8th, 9th round pick.

data

Forbes #1
Biggest one-play goat in franchise playoff history?

- Romo, The Bobble
- Crayton, 2007 Vs Giants, not finishing the TD route
- Danny White, 1981 fumbling post-Catch
- Everson Walls, 1981 posterized on The Catch
- Jackie Smith, 1978 dropping Staubach’s TD pass
- Craig Morton, 1970 multiple INTs, including one to set up SB V’s GW FG
- Jethro Pugh, 1967 Bart Starr QB sneaks over him in Ice Bowl
- Don Meredith, 1966 Last minute INT in end zone to seal loss

Stars

DCC 4Life
Biggest one-play goat in franchise playoff history?

- Romo, The Bobble
- Crayton, 2007 Vs Giants, not finishing the TD route
- Danny White, 1981 fumbling post-Catch
- Everson Walls, 1981 posterized on The Catch
- Jackie Smith, 1978 dropping Staubach’s TD pass
- Craig Morton, 1970 multiple INTs, including one to set up SB V’s GW FG
- Jethro Pugh, 1967 Bart Starr QB sneaks over him in Ice Bowl
- Don Meredith, 1966 Last minute INT in end zone to seal loss
Nah, The pugh thing is bullshit, stick anyone there, suh, mean joe greene, they ain't penetrating and stopping him in that environment. The romo bobble, Ehh i guess, but didn't terry glenn fumble inside our own five in that game? Seems like it and it was way more impactful. The catch? Shit happens, montana threw up a prayer. I say crayton for quitting on a ball that absolutely was a touchdown, jackie smith yeah that was bad....and danny fumble post The Catch, those are the worst to me.

BipolarFuk

Demoted

:rofl

Top Bottom