Dick Butkus Passes Away At 80

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Legendary is right. Sad that he never sniffed a championship (Sayers too).

Foobio

DCC 4Life
I grew up in Chicago during the ‘85 Bears season and used to listen to Butkus and the rest of the Bears announcing crew on WGN radio. They were such ridiculous, over the top homers. But I understand it now since Butkus was on so many horrible teams. He had to enjoy one great season, even if it was vicariously through other players.

RIP

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Damn, RIP

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Legendary is right. Sad that he never sniffed a championship (Sayers too).
The Bears have had some legitimate legends like Butkus, Sayers and almost, Payton never get a shot a greatness because of that franchise's incredible inability to get a QB. It is seriously like a curse, but I can't think of any point in my lifetime where I have seen their QB and go, you know that guy is good.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
The Bears have had some legitimate legends like Butkus, Sayers and almost, Payton never get a shot a greatness because of that franchise's incredible inability to get a QB. It is seriously like a curse, but I can't think of any point in my lifetime where I have seen their QB and go, you know that guy is good.
Cutler had a cannon, but he never put it all together. Chicago's climate isn't conducive to passing the ball, but is it that much worse than Green Bay, which has produced three HOFers at the position?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Cutler had a cannon, but he never put it all together. Chicago's climate isn't conducive to passing the ball, but is it that much worse than Green Bay, which has produced three HOFers at the position?
It's a bullshit reference to the gritty culture.

Tough, grind it out, Che-ka-go, Ditka, Ditka.

That has made that a "defensive" franchise and it is a very very old ownership group that has made some dumb decisions at GM over the years. It has been comical at times.

I guess that was their fascination with Tootie. Run the ball, grind it out ala Baltimore.

Bad thing is, Jackson is a better player.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
You knew I had to post maybe my favorite NFL Films of all time.

Top Bottom