Dez Bryant released

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Even if he did, goof son is right there in the passenger seat to take the wheel and the vehicle doesn't have GPS.
I prefer this to holding on to players far too long. That's why the cap has been so tight and we have been an 8-8 team for so long. This release and the Ware release send a very clear message to the rest of that locker room. No one is safe.

Cotton

Staff member
Interesting that they didn't even ask him to take a pay cut, and then he tweets something about the process.
I think he is talking about the process of finding a new team in that tweet.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I think he is talking about the process of finding a new team in that tweet.
Yeah I know, but he's still talking like bot-coach.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
This tweet was in response to the tweet below...

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I prefer this to holding on to players far too long. That's why the cap has been so tight and we have been an 8-8 team for so long. This release and the Ware release send a very clear message to the rest of that locker room. No one is safe.
I agree there. I was actually glad when DWare earned a ring though because he was always a solid citizen while he was in Dallas. Bryant could be a PITA at times.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
JC, this is all NFLN has been talking about since it happened. They're going on like it was Jerry Rice being released.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
JC, this is all NFLN has been talking about since it happened. They're going on like it was Jerry Rice being released.
Yeah ESPN was just pulling out Dez highlights from 2011. Sort of wish they would have pulled some Dez low lights from the last two years but of course they didn't.

p1_

DCC 4Life
You got overpaid for three years. Team showed you tons of loyalty and helped you through a ton of shit off the field. You don't mesh with the new QB. Anger towards the team is misplaced.
Dude is straight up lying to himself. Acceptance is hard for him.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
As I watch another former Pro Bowl/All-Pro Cowboys player depart with very little team success to show for his time in Dallas, it drives home a point that I hope the Jones Clan finally understands.

Jerry and co. love to cling to the notion that continuity is the key to success. IMO, that is the absolute worst mindset to have when it comes to professional football. After all, most in the business will tell you that NFL really stands for "Not For Long" because of the short careers, coaching turnover, etc.

In the NFL you have to be willing to strike while the iron is hot and be willing to make the decisions to maximize your chances of winning when your window opens.

The Cowboys have had some very talented rosters over the past decade, led by an Pro Bowl caliber QB. It's unacceptable for the heads of this organization to continually stick their heads in the sand and allow marginal head coaches to waste talent when those small windows of opportunity do open for us, but that's exactly what they do.

I've come to realize that continuity is just a buzzword that they've leaned on to excuse their lazy decision making.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Witten has much less left in the tank compared to Dez, and yet he remains ..

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Doesn't drop passes. Can still block for a TE and run a route. Somehow seems to still be able to get open where Dez is ALWAYS covered.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I would say it's due to him having a much lower salary but from the sounds of it, the Cowboys didn't even make an attempt to negotiate a lower salary with Dez. Which tells me the decision may have been driven by personality conflicts.

We've all watched Dak throw him under the bus a time or two....and I don't think it was by accident.

I think they were just tired of the player and thought it was time for a fresh start.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I don’t think Linehan was much of a Dez fan.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I mean, really, is it too much to ask to learn to RUN FUCKING ROUTES WELL when you are paid 8 figures per fucking year?

1bigfan13

Staff member

1bigfan13

Staff member
Posting this because it literally made me laugh out loud.

Cotton

Staff member
Our FO is so awesome.

Top Bottom