Dez Bryant’s advisor says Dez wants a new deal after the season

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I don't want them to leave per se, but I don't want the guys who deserve better to have their careers rot because they stayed here.

Again, look at Ware and Witten - two HOF talents and good guys who have nothing but their own personal stats to show that they did anything in this league. They should have been on consistent playoff teams but instead they spent more time out of the playoffs than in them.

That's a shame.
The only reason I give a crap about the player is because he's on the team and I hope he means wins for my team, I couldn't care less about his carrer if it's not in a cowboys jersey.
Do you give two shits about Johnson winning a SB???

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I don't know what to tell you. The league is full of great players who are on non achieving teams. The draft system is a conduit for putting great players on poor performing teams.
Calvin Johnson.

D

Deuce

I don't know what to tell you. The league is full of great players who are on non achieving teams. The draft system is a conduit for putting great players on poor performing teams.
And Free Agency is a conduit for great players to leave a bad situation for a better one. I would hate to see him go, but I can't begrudge anyone for doing so either. This franchise is a lost cause right now.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
And Free Agency is a conduit for great players to leave a bad situation for a better one. I would hate to see him go, but I can't begrudge anyone for doing so either. This franchise is a lost cause right now.
I don't know what to tell you except you have a choice to funnel your preferences to the franchise of your choosing.

Cotton

Staff member
I don't know what to tell you except you have a choice to funnel your preferences to the franchise of your choosing.
In short, there are 31 other teams, Deuce!

vince

Not So New Member
In short, there are 31 other teams, Deuce!
Same goes for Ace. That was an idiotic comment he just made. Even if we we're going to rebuild the team, we'd still need key pieces.

superpunk

Banned
I'm thinking he needs to be closer to a Marques Colston deal than a Larry Fitzgerald/Calvin Johnson deal.

If he wants Megatron money he can walk imo.

Cotton

Staff member
If we all took that bait then LT, vince and superpunk would all be sitting here talking to themselves.
:lol

No doubt.

Cotton

Staff member
Same goes for Ace. That was an idiotic comment he just made. Even if we we're going to rebuild the team, we'd still need key pieces.
Uhh... I was being sarcastic.

DLK150

DCC 4Life

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cowboys' Dez Bryant: I deserve to be paid like top WR

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000353800/article/dez-byrant-i-deserve-to-be-paid-like-a-top-wr

Oh gawd. I don't think he would hold the Cowboys hostage but when I hear the words "I deserve", it makes me leery. If he finishes putting it all together and can stay healthy he's probably worth it but we've been bitten in the arse so often the last five years or so by big contracts that I have visions of perpetual 8-8 seasons.
He also talks about giving the Cowboys a hometown discount so take that for what it's worth.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
There won't be a discount. That's nice to say but I think that's just fantasy.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
There won't be a discount. That's nice to say but I think that's just fantasy.
He hopes to spend his entire career with the Cowboys, who could use the franchise tag to keep him each of the next two seasons. Bryant didn't dismiss the thought of giving Dallas a bit of a hometown discount in exchange for the security of getting an extension before the final season of his rookie deal.

"I'm loyal to the squad," Bryant said. "I've always been. Me and my agent are going to talk about [a hometown discount]. We'll talk about it. You know, this is big. This is life-changing. Like I said, I've done everything asked of me, and we'll see what happens."

Rev

Staff member
He hopes to spend his entire career with the Cowboys, who could use the franchise tag to keep him each of the next two seasons. Bryant didn't dismiss the thought of giving Dallas a bit of a hometown discount in exchange for the security of getting an extension before the final season of his rookie deal.

"I'm loyal to the squad," Bryant said. "I've always been. Me and my agent are going to talk about [a hometown discount]. We'll talk about it. You know, this is big. This is life-changing. Like I said, I've done everything asked of me, and we'll see what happens."
I know he said it. What I'm saying is that when the dollars start being discussed I think it will be a different story. Nice sentiment but call me skeptical.

Cotton

Staff member
I know he said it. What I'm saying is that when the dollars start being discussed I think it will be a different story. Nice sentiment but call me skeptical.
Yeah, I don't see it happening either. He and his agent will shoot for top dollar.

Rev

Staff member
Otherwise why come out and say the top WR stuff. If the hometown discount was so important "paid like a top WR" wouldn't have even been brought up. You just go in to Jerry's office and get a deal.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Otherwise why come out and say the top WR stuff. If the hometown discount was so important "paid like a top WR" wouldn't have even been brought up. You just go in to Jerry's office and get a deal.
Actually he said he deserves to be paid like the top receiver. To me it was more about Bryant showing his confidence that he believes he is the best WR in the NFL. Dez is actually one of the few Cowboys players that I think is dumb enough to actually give us a hometown discount. I know you guys all hate the Cowboys but Dez seems to legitimately love it here.

Top Bottom