Denver HC Position

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I think this deserves it's own thread because I think this one singular position will dictate any number of possibilities with our own HC position.

Quinn seemingly isn't generating much interest beyond the Broncos with guys like DeMeco Ryans, Ben Johnson, Jonathan Gannon, etc. already being requested for multiple interviews. Quinn has only been requested by the Broncos.

Conversely, the Broncos are the only position I could see Payton potentially taking during this cycle given that they theoretically have a QB in place and have a pretty solid roster overall.

Panthers? Nope.

Colts? Lol.

Cardinals? Maybe but Murray will be out a large chunk of next year, is a bit of a nutcase to begin with, and their front office is in flux, so I think that's a no.

Texans? Please.

I think Quinn is only getting so much interest in Denver because of his ties to Wilson and presumably their GM, the rest of the league has seemingly cooled on him given how the defense has kind of plateaued recently.

So basically, we're in a situation where either Quinn comes back next season or Payton remains available either now or next season, and potentially both. If we lose to Tampa, particularly if it's in a listless fashion like last year against San Francisco, and Quinn goes to Denver, who here thinks it's better than 50/50 that McCarthy is back next year?

What will really be interesting is if we win at Tampa, lose in the next round in a poor performance, and then Quinn leaves.

The nice thing is that unless Payton wants to come back in 2023 come hell or high water, it's very likely that he'll be available going into the 2024 season and Jerry will have the option of just going for it now or kicking the can down the road another year to give McCarthy one last shot in 2023.

Top Bottom