DeMarcus Ware retires...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

townsend

Banned
Probably the most under appreciated Cowboy of all time.

Cotton

Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
That performance against the Saints in 09 could arguably be the most courageous/impressive performance coming off an injury in a high stakes game by a Cowboy since Emmitt in 93.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
PFT had a little blurb this morning about Ware possibly having a "soft retirement" where he would come back later in the season.

I don't see it.

dallen

Senior Tech
PFT had a little blurb this morning about Ware possibly having a "soft retirement" where he would come back later in the season.

I don't see it.
I thought about that. It could be a classic veteran doesn't want to go to camp move, but that doesn't seem like Ware's style.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Plus many on this board were brutal to Ware. Meaningless sack master in the eyes of many here.
Inevitable comparisons to his contemporary James Harrison who blew up more games than you can count, including the all-time biggest defensive play in Superbowl history.

Ware had more sacks (WGAS), helped defeat the undefeated Saints in 2009, and had an awesome interception against Mike Vick in 2006.

townsend

Banned
Inevitable comparisons to his contemporary James Harrison who blew up more games than you can count, including the all-time biggest defensive play in Superbowl history.

Ware had more sacks (WGAS), helped defeat the undefeated Saints in 2009, and had an awesome interception against Mike Vick in 2006.
2015 showed how great Ware would have been on an actual defense.

Most of Ware's career, his sacks didn't mean as much, since the defense would let an offense convert on 3rd and 21 pretty frequently. Especially while Rob Ryan was our coordinator. (But also in 06, 08, and 2010)

Cotton

Staff member
Plus many on this board were brutal to Ware. Meaningless sack master in the eyes of many here.
I only know of one member on this board that was brutal to him. I will let him remain nameless, but his initials are [MENTION=22]Texas Ace[/MENTION].

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Oh, you mean Ware did his part and showed up when the rest of the team didn't? Seems like we should be praising that.

dallen

Senior Tech
Oh, you mean Ware did his part and showed up when the rest of the team didn't? Seems like we should be praising that.
If he had 15 tackles and 6 sacks we'd have only lost 21-7!

townsend

Banned
bbgun is overtaking Ravid as the guy with the worst grasp on the sport of football.

Top Bottom