Demarcus Lawrence breaks foot in practice

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Adrian Clayborn is the guy I'd look to bring in, he has at least been mildly productive recently and could even have a role once we're at full strength.
I heard he had six sacks in a game once...

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
LOL. Fucking Jerry Jones is simply cursed, and deservedly so.
But it’s even worse considering year after year of rolling with “what we have” and looking the other way during the draft, all presided over by Barnum and Goof Son.
But let’s not pretend there was a big pass rush there anyway with Lawrence playing. Because there wasn’t and hasn’t been for a while.

Clff15701

DCC 4Life
Media was asking fat mike today if Parsons might play some DE. Sounds like they are going to move him around more.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Media was asking fat mike today if Parsons might play some DE. Sounds like they are going to move him around more.
They don't have a choice at this point.

The Hayseed

Brand New Member
I've thought the same thing for years. Players over the last 25 years or so seem so physically fragile.
Yup. When you look at the teams of the early 80's or so they were large physically fit men, not fat at all. Back then our average offensive lineman was around 265-275 pounds. Now what they have done is pack another 35 pounds of fatback on top of what their weight should be, the weight that is more natural for their bodies. In other positions like Linebacker, Defensive end and the like they went to the high protein diets and everything that goes with it and added so much bulk to deal with the bigger o lineman that they arent playing at their bodies natural weight either. All you have to do is take a look at some of these guys a year or two after they retire. Some of them you cant even recognize they re so thin compared to when they played. All that added weight/bulk adds a ton of extra strain on the players bodies. This more injuries.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Yes, they do. Swiper as a designated rusher.

You know you want to see that motherfucking trainwreck.
I do like being entertained, and can already hear the Benny Hill music.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I do like being entertained, and can already hear the Benny Hill music.
I am totally going to hear this theme song from now on every time I watch him run around out there. :lol

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yup. When you look at the teams of the early 80's or so they were large physically fit men, not fat at all. Back then our average offensive lineman was around 265-275 pounds. Now what they have done is pack another 35 pounds of fatback on top of what their weight should be, the weight that is more natural for their bodies. In other positions like Linebacker, Defensive end and the like they went to the high protein diets and everything that goes with it and added so much bulk to deal with the bigger o lineman that they arent playing at their bodies natural weight either. All you have to do is take a look at some of these guys a year or two after they retire. Some of them you cant even recognize they re so thin compared to when they played. All that added weight/bulk adds a ton of extra strain on the players bodies. This more injuries.

The most injury prone player on the Cowboys offensive line:

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Tyron's a horse.

While he does get injured, he doesn't get beat much when he's on the field.

We talk about squandering the careers of guys like Romo, Witten, and Ware...but look at the absolute studs we've had on OL. Tyron, Frederick, and Martin was as elite a trio as you'll see on an NFL O-Line.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Tyron's a horse.

We talk about squandering the careers of guys like Romo, Witten, and Ware...but look at the absolute studs we've had on OL. Tyron, Frederick, and Martin was as elite a trio as you'll see on an NFL O-Line.
And those guys actually were equal in skill to those guys in the early to mid 90s. Some actually were better.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tyron's a horse.

Yeah dude is special

Top Bottom