DCC Convention

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I know we have discussed in a joking fashion, but has anyone thought about it for realz?

I dunno. I am just verklempt tonight.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I know we have discussed in a joking fashion, but has anyone thought about it for realz?

I dunno. I am just verklempt tonight.
I absolutely would show up.

We spend so much time together and have known each other for so long that I think that matters and it would be great to finally meet some of the guys that I've talked with since 2005 (for me, anyway).

It's the same mentality I've taken with people I met through online gaming. I've been playing with some of these people for 15-plus years!

I've made real good friends through those connections and have traveled to meet up a handful of times so I absolutely would do it for the DCC.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Convention in Vegas?
It would be fun, but Vegas is kind of a shit hole. :lol

I'm sure most if not all of you have been, and I went once and never again because I thought it was just meh.

Outside of the gambling, we can do everything else in a better city.

I know you're probably gonna think I'm being partial to Texas here, but I honestly think Austin would be great because there's so many different thing we can do there and it is centrally located for those coming from east or west.

I'm down to go wherever, though. Just giving my 2 cents.

:art

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I was kind of kidding. But the place is important.

There are a lot of shitholes.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Ayuh or feh? Suggestion for site?
Y'all come to Lubbock. I have a big house, pool table, dart board, etc.

Oh, and I have a patio.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Nah y’all I am serious. We have lost members. We all need to hug each other, dammit!
Dude, I would hug the shit out of you. I am a hugger. Just not in Vegas. But, I would love to hug you and all of my other brothers on this board.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Dude, I would hug the shit out of you. I am a hugger. Just not in Vegas. But, I would love to hug you and all of my other brothers on this board.
Then let's do this.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I think Austin is the best bet.

Again, it provides all types of stuff to do and it's physically located in a central location so no one would have to take a 5 hour flight.

I'd also love doing near the beach in NW Florida too, but I don't know if we'd have anyone coming from out west.

I think most of the board is either east coast or Texas right?

Booze and Unc in the Carolinas, @1bigfan13 and @mcnuttz in GA, Geng up in PA, and a shit load of us in TX, etc.

So yeah, I think Austin or Florida would be my vote.

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'd be in favor of Austin.

Obviously Florida would be a lot more convenient for me.

Is this supposed to be a weekend thing? Do we rent a space and have our own Super Bowl watch party?

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I’m with Booze on this. We have all known each other for a long time. I talk to the guys here more than my own family. I just lost a friend a few weeks ago to a sudden heart attack, and a guy I grew up with was just diagnosed with MS. I’ve seen neither for 7-8 years. Time is so short. I’d hate to lose more guys here. Well, most of them I mean. Some I don’t care about. Was I supposed to say that out loud??

Top Bottom