DCC Appreciation Thread...

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The diabetes, %overweight, and heart disease numbers in this country are compelling.

Business isn’t trying to kill anyone, but the overall complex is contributing to poor health. I think it’s left to government to find ways to mitigate.

I was being hyperbolic regarding an outright ban, but measures to limit the proliferation would be good for the consuming public.

All this is also true of sugar though. I agree it is overdosed in our food. I think people need to exercise self discipline and refrain every once in a while.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The problem is, the FDA and similar three-letters are good in spirit, but they've been captured and corrupted by the very companies they're supposed to regulate.

Just like we've seen recently with big pharma.
This is exactly right. They don't care about the health of the people. They only care about their wallets.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
All this is also true of sugar though. I agree it is overdosed in our food. I think people need to exercise self discipline and refrain every once in a while.
Don’t we all wish most of the population wasn’t so reliably unable to make good decisions

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
The problem is, the FDA and similar three-letters are good in spirit, but they've been captured and corrupted by the very companies they're supposed to regulate.

Just like we've seen recently with big pharma.
Yeah, they are paralytically understaffed and must rely on self-reported data to govern. :picard

Cotton

Staff member
There was a jail inmate escaped from a jail near Midland, TX. He stole a police vehicle and drove it to Lubbock. They found the cop car less than 3 miles from my brother's house. He has plenty of guns and knows, so he should be good. But, it's scary. Because you know there were weapons in that cop car.

Cotton

Staff member
The motherfucker has now stolen a Can-Am and is supposedly headed into central Lubbock. He is a good 15 miles from me, but I have guns at all 3 of my exterior doors and two sitting next to me. Maybe I'm overreacting, but in today's world, fuck that shit.

Top Bottom