DCC Appreciation Thread...

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
How so? I need to know.
On what NoDak said. Never even thought of that before.

I don't even drink tea, because I just don't like it. But I've especially never understood people who drink unsweet tea. To me it tastes like dishwater. But that's what most people here drink.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I don't even drink tea, because I just don't like it. But I've especially never understood people who drink unsweet tea. To me it tastes like dishwater. But that's what most people here drink.
What do you mean “most people”?

p1_

DCC 4Life

similar to people drinking black coffee, no sugar/sweetener.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
what is the difference between sweet tea and sweetened tea? Unless you are referring to high fructose corn syrup.

I don't know the technical or procedural difference, but sweet tea is way, way, way, way, way sweeter. To the point that it's nowhere near the same thing.

I'd never had or even heard of sweet tea until about 20 years ago. It used to be just iced tea or unsweetened iced tea. If you ordered an iced tea somewhere you would get an iced tea with sugar in it, but it wasn't sweet tea.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Are both versions sweet? I'm standing on this hill.

Yes both are sweet. It's like the difference between a soda and cocaine.

I'm pretty surprised anyone wouldn't be familiar with it because in my experience iced tea is what you normally find in cans at the supermarket, like a Lipton or Snapple or whatever. Sweet tea is specifically referred to as sweet tea.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

I'm pretty surprised anyone wouldn't be familiar with it because in my experience iced tea is what you normally find in cans at the supermarket, like a Lipton or Snapple or whatever. Sweet tea is specifically referred to as sweet tea.
I changed my mind. I'm done with y'all. Fucking yankees. ~flips table and walks out~

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I'm by no means an expert but I agree. Sweet tea is like sugar water with a little tea flavor.

Top Bottom