DCC Appreciation Thread...

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
The notion of a fair press has been blasted aside by social media enabling everyone to post a "story" and influencers spinning the content to manipulatethe response.

Video shows only a snippet of what happened, so it's not possible to properly understand the situation.

Two people are going after the same bike and the confrontation gets more physical than it should. Someone decides to make a video in the middle of it and narrate the story (with a heavy bias).

The woman expresses frustration and calls for help, getting emotional in the process. Not uncommon for a woman, let alone a pregnant one, to express emotion during a confrontation. She could also be faking for sympathy, and taken out of context it could be spun into anything.

Narration by a black man and the posting branding her a "Karen" got a lot of people riled on social media, just like the poster knew it would.

I'd say that woman has a case for an HR lawsuit as she was placed on leave based on the contents of this incomplete video spun out of control by influencers.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
I'd say that woman has a case for an HR lawsuit as she was placed on leave based on the contents of this incomplete video spun out of control by influencers.
This part all depends. If they put her on paid leave to investigate then they are doing to right thing. If it is unpaid then she may have legal ground to stand on.

I hate the whole thing honestly. Either side could have walked away at any time regardless of what was right or wrong. She could have just taken another bike unless they were preventing her from leaving the area. They also could have moved on. It seems a little weird that there was this group of individuals and only one of them paid for a bike?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This part all depends. If they put her on paid leave to investigate then they are doing to right thing. If it is unpaid then she may have legal ground to stand on.

I hate the whole thing honestly. Either side could have walked away at any time regardless of what was right or wrong. She could have just taken another bike unless they were preventing her from leaving the area. They also could have moved on. It seems a little weird that there was this group of individuals and only one of them paid for a bike?
Yeah I don't know how it works. If she paid for that particular bike, can she just get a different one? Was there only one bike left? I don't honestly know how it works. Obviously she wasn't trying to steal some black kids bike and pretending to be a victim. But I also don't know if it was just confusion that got out of hand where both people thought they had paid for that bike.

Anyway, I agree, the whole thing got way too dramatic. But if you rent something and someone else tries to take it, that's really no different than stealing.

p1_

DCC 4Life
This has taken on a bit of a life , who knew?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Random...

I'm watching a Hulu series called Unprisoned and Brenda Strong has a scene in there where she's full frontal nekked.

Very impressive body for a 63 year old woman.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Random...

I'm watching a Hulu series called Unprisoned and Brenda Strong has a scene in there where she's full frontal nekked.

Very impressive body for a 63 year old woman.
would you?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
The other two pizzas do look a little weird.
Just because they put the pepperonis in the same configuration as the white walkers did the human bodies.

Top Bottom