Darren Woodson selected for ROH

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Just announced on NFL Radio that Woody will go into the ring sometime this year.

If this has already been announced here, bite me.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
This is Woodson speaking at the press conference for today's practice where they were announcing his selection into the ROH...

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

:towel

Cotton

Staff member
This may need its own thread.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

:towel
Much deserved, as is the HOF.

One of my favorite Cowboys of all time.

He was the most well rounded safety of the entire decade, but because he didn't beat his chest or have a bunch of highlight reel hits, he doesn't get the pub he deserves.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
This may need its own thread.

There already is one...

vince

Not So New Member
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2015/08/04/darren-woodson-become-newest-member-cowboys-ring-honor?campaign=social_20150804_50282096&adbid=10154164977407814&adbpl=fb&adbpr=99559607813

Darren Woodson To Become Newest Member Of Cowboys Ring of Honor

Tuesday, August 04, 2015 1:49 PM CDT

By Nick Eatman

DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

@nickeatman

OXNARD, Calif. – The Cowboys’ all-time leading tackler is about to get an ultimate recognition.

Darren Woodson will become the next member of the Cowboys Ring of Honor at AT&T Stadium, a move announced Tuesday at training camp.

Woodson, now a member of ESPN, has been at the camp site since Sunday.

The official ceremony will take place Nov. 1 against the Seahawks at AT&T Stadium.

"Darren was a difference-maker on the field and off the field," owner Jerry Jones said in the press conference Tuesday. "This is a pleasure for me. Darren was a huge part of our defense."

Woodson becomes the 21st player inducted, and the 19th player, and the first induction since the Cowboys added Drew Pearson, Larry Allen and Charles Haley at once in 2011.

"This is an amazing day for me," Woodson said. "It's an absolute honor. This has always been my family. This has always been about football."

A five-time Pro Bowler, Woodson is the only player in Cowboys history to play for five head coaches (Jimmy Johnson, Barry Switzer, Chan Gailey, Dave Campo and Bill Parcells.) He finished his career with 1,350 tackles, surpassing Lee Roy Jordan (1,236) in 2012.

“He’s the ultimate warrior. There’s no more like him,” said teammate Nate Newton. “He never left the field. He played all the special teams. He only left the field with the offense. He made everyone better. He was the back end to our defense.”

Woodson is the eighth defensive player inducted into the Ring of Honor, and just the second who played in the 90’s era, along with Haley.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I remember him playing at the Ravens in 2000 in what could've been an All-Pro year for him, and he broke his forearm that day.

The guy goes back out and makes tackles with one arm.

He's an all timer as far as I'm concerned.

vince

Not So New Member
I remember him playing at the Ravens in 2000 in what could've been an All-Pro year for him, and he broke his forearm that day.

The guy goes back out and makes tackles with one arm.

He's an all timer as far as I'm concerned.
Aw man! Great memory.

dallen

Senior Tech
:towel Glad to see he is finally getting honored. One of the most nationally under appreciated players the Cowboys have had in my lifetime. He belongs up there with the best to ever play for the team no question

dallen

Senior Tech
The guy was a college linebacker that was converted to safety and asked to play corner in nickle situations. Amazing

Stars

DCC 4Life
Woodson was the man. He deserves more accolades than he gets, for sure.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
Woodson was the man. He deserves more accolades than he gets, for sure.
there isn't even a Darren Woodson Highlights tape on Youtube. That is how under appreciated the guy is.

So pumped for the man, one of the all time Cowboy greats

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Darren Woodson will be inducted into Cowboys Ring of Honor on Nov. 1 in game against Seattle.
First, why do they not have the ceremony during a game against a division rival?

Second, I hope this game goes better for us than every other game that happened during a special event.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
First, why do they not have the ceremony during a game against a division rival?

Second, I hope this game goes better for us than every other game that happened during a special event.
You may have just answered yourself.

Top Bottom