Darren Woodson on Byron Jones.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You know how much better this defense would've been last year had we got a Landon Collins type year from Jones?

One year or not, it's still one year more of excellent play than we've seen from Byron Jones.
Agreed. But Collins having an exceptional season doesn't somehow make Byron Jones a bad player. No more than Dak Prescott having a great season somehow makes Carson Wentz a bad pick.

I'd take Collins last year over Jones. I'd take Janoris Jenkins and DRC over any of our corners last year as well. Do you know how much better our defense would have been with DRC and Jenkins at corner?

Jiggyfly

Banned
You know how much better this defense would've been last year had we got a Landon Collins type year from Jones?

One year or not, it's still one year more of excellent play than we've seen from Byron Jones.
Landon Collins would be playing the role of Church in this defense.

If Collins was asked to do what Jones does for us he would still be considered a bust like after his rookie year.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Landon Collins would be playing the role of Church in this defense.

If Collins was asked to do what Jones does for us he would still be considered a bust like after his rookie year.
Yeah, I would agree with that.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Byron Jones is a good player, but he's nothing special.....certainly not special enough to be considered the "MVP" of the defense.

Not even close.
yes, a curious thing to say seeing as how Sean Lee made all-pro

Top Bottom