Dwight Freeney - Maybe
Darren Woodson - Yes
Rodney Harrison - If he didn't have the rep of being a dirty player, yes
Jahri Evans - No
Eric Allen - No
Willie Anderson - No

son of deadrise

DCC 4Life
I recall one (among many) tackles Woodson made. RB comes steaming through the LOS into the secondary. Woodson assumes the classic tackling position, lowers his head, sticks his nose right in there and tackles the guy. He got dinged in the process. Had to be helped off the field. I don't think you see many tackles like that, if any, being made in today's game.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I recall one (among many) tackles Woodson made. RB comes steaming through the LOS into the secondary. Woodson assumes the classic tackling position, lowers his head, sticks his nose right in there and tackles the guy. He got dinged in the process. Had to be helped off the field. I don't think you see many tackles like that, if any, being made in today's game.
I always said he was a textbook tackler.

If you want to teach a kid the right way to tackle, put on film of Darren Woodson.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
Woodson is an example of why writers should have no voting power. I’d guess most of them are stat pumping morons and that’s what they base most of their decisions on. Anyone who knows anything about football and watched Woodson play, knows he was one of the very best ever and was the key to those Super Bowl defenses due to his ability to cover the slot.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Woodson is an example of why writers should have no voting power. I’d guess most of them are stat pumping morons and that’s what they base most of their decisions on. Anyone who knows anything about football and watched Woodson play, knows he was one of the very best ever and was the key to those Super Bowl defenses due to his ability to cover the slot.
I have no idea what some nerd sportswriter knows that is supremely better than coaches and/or a committee of former players.

As you are hinting at, there are voting blocs driven by some of them and there are definite biases and favored franchises.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
This has got to be the year, right?

Right, guys?

• Props
Reactions: p1_
Top Bottom