Dallas Interested In Peppers

Newt

DCC 4Life
I wanted to sign Melton before, but I think its becoming more critical. To many teams are high on Donald, I don't think he drops to us, without one of those two guys we are gonna get dominated up front. And even with just one of these guys we are going to have a lot of trouble.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It was pretty shocking and very quiet. Nothing about "interest" from Green Bay.

Just this tweeted pic from his agent:

And it was done.

Must be nice.

Carp

DCC 4Life
3 years 30 mil...7.5 guaranteed in the first year.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Not going to pretend I didn't want him, but this certainly makes it so that we have to address the DE position in the draft, which is not terrible.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Not going to pretend I didn't want him, but this certainly makes it so that we have to address the DE position in the draft, which is not terrible.
I get that.

What I know will happen though is that we will enter this draft with no other options available. We will HAVE to draft a DE early. No if ands or buts.

That's never a situation you want to be in.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Yeah...we don't want another Ekuban/Pittman scenario.

I am more and more good with Ford in the first and Sutton, Hageman type in the second. There are good players at both spots, it'd be hard to fuck it up, but we have Jerry.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Cowboys lose a chance at Julius Peppers

March, 15, 2014

By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

The Cowboys are not running out of time when it comes to filling the needs of the defensive line in free agency, but they could be losing quality players in the pool.

With Julius Peppers signing a three-year deal with the Green Bay Packers on Saturday morning, it meant that's one less name to evaluate on the free-agent list.

So now the Cowboys hope that Dallas native Henry Melton doesn't sign with anybody else before his scheduled visit to Valley Ranch this weekend. He might not even get here until Monday.

Jared Allen, Anthony Spencer and Robert Ayers are other names the Cowboys have an interest in.

Yet because of the Cowboys' limited monies in the salary cap, they are going to be careful with any signing. They want a quality player but at their own price.

None of the free agents the Cowboys sign are going to get that five-year, $50.1 million deal that Brandon Carr got two years ago when he signed on from Kansas City.

Expect a low base salary for a free agent with a nice $6 million to $8 million signing bonus for a two- or three-year deal.

Spencer (microfracture) and Melton (ACL) are coming off injuries, so teams, while interested, could have some leverage from a financial basis due to the health of the players.

The Cowboys have time to make a move, but finding the player they want in free agency is growing tougher.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah...we don't want another Ekuban/Pittman scenario.

I am more and more good with Ford in the first and Sutton, Hageman type in the second. There are good players at both spots, it'd be hard to fuck it up, but we have Jerry.
No Hageman. No Ford. Kthxbai.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

dallen

Senior Tech
That Julian Peppers is a heck of a ball player

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Did Spencer ever sign with the Skins?

D

Deuce

Don't worry, Bron. The Own will always provide you with support. You're one of them.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Even if they had gotten Peppers and Melton the line would not be better than last year.

Hopefully the draft will help.

p1_

DCC 4Life
LeBron James ‘hates’ that Cowboys didn’t land Julius Peppers
By SportsDayDFW.com

websports@dallasnews.com
1:13 pm on March 15, 2014 | Permalink

Upset the Dallas Cowboys didn’t land eight-time Pro Bowl defensive end Julius Peppers?

You’re not alone.

NBA superstar, and avid Cowboys fan, LeBron James aired his frustrations about that this afternoon before his Miami Heat took on the Houston Rockets, according to Orlando Sentinel writer Ethan Skolnick.

LeBron upset about something else. The Cowboys. “I hate that we didn’t get Julius Peppers.”

— Ethan J. Skolnick (@EthanJSkolnick) March 15, 2014

Top Bottom