Cowboys worth NFL-best $3.2 billion

Cujo

DCC 4Life
A 36 percent increase in value (900 million) over one years time. Thank gawd we have all of these realists to keep shit in check, or Jerry just might get rich.

That is the most discouraging part.

dallen

Senior Tech
At some point a bad product has to start hitting the bottom line, right?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
You'd think. But when that bottom line is so high, does it really matter?

I mean, sure. If the Cowboys were winning, maybe Jerry's team would be worth 4 billion. But they're not winning, and they're still worth 3.2 billion, highest in the league. Something tells me he's not too worried about how he's going to come up with next month's rent money.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I doubt it. That stadium is a massive draw and we have not been a great team for a long time. Cowboys are a cash cow.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You'd think. But when that bottom line is so high, does it really matter?

I mean, sure. If the Cowboys were winning, maybe Jerry's team would be worth 4 billion. But they're not winning, and they're still worth 3.2 billion, highest in the league. Something tells me he's not too worried about how he's going to come up with next month's rent money.
It will take them being really bad for it to affect the bottom line. But, it could (should). But, he has masterfully set him up to succeed financially. It will take the team tanking now for it to affect it.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
This is not what you want to hear but the facts bear out that over the past 10 years the value of the club has continued to increase while the w/l record has stayed about the same. In fact the Dallas franchise has come up from third position in value of NFL clubs to first. The TV ratings remain among the highest and the revenues continues to climb. They are the closest thing to a national franchise in existence.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
This is not what you want to hear but the facts bear out that over the past 10 years the value of the club has continued to increase while the w/l record has stayed about the same. In fact the Dallas franchise has come up from third position in value of NFL clubs to first. The TV ratings remain among the highest and the revenues continues to climb. They are the closest thing to a national franchise in existence.
Right, which is why I said it would take an almost collapse to affect that bottom line.

Top Bottom