Cowboys VP: Current group of running backs could change

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It only pisses you off because you're wrong. 3 years ago is May 5, 2012. Therefore the entire 2012 season is within 3 years. Not sure why you're trying to argue this point. You're wrong. Admit it and move on.
Oh good fucking god.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Actually artificially inflating numbers to support your argument is way more like Schmitty.

The fact remains he is a highly productive back when he touches the ball. Show me another back available who has averaged over 4.5 ypc in each of the last 3 seasons? I'm guessing you can't.

The guy might get hurt. Hell he probably will get hurt. But I'll take him for 10-14 games as insurance if Randle blows. Sure beats a guy who is injury prone and averaged 3.4 ypc last year.
:lol Good lord you are off the deep end.

Don't blame the messenger that your boy hasn't been reliable in 3 years.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Amazing how to one person it could be stretching the truth and to another person it could be the facts.

That's called disagreement, folks. The real disingenuous part is pretending you don't all do it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Amazing how to one person it could be stretching the truth and to another person it could be the facts.

That's called disagreement, folks. The real disingenuous part is pretending you don't all do it.
3 years is 3 years. What planet am I on that 3 years is different to different people.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
3 years is 3 years. What planet am I on that 3 years is different to different people.
No vested interest in the subject of the argument but it's the same as saying next Saturday when today is Wednesday. To some people next Saturday is three days away. To others next Saturday is 10 days away.
That's semantics.

If the player is out there and has an over 4 ypc average and won't cost us anything Then bring him in and kick the tires. What's it going to cost? A couple of reps from a guy that probably won't make the team anyway?

Cotton

Staff member
No vested interest in the subject of the argument but it's the same as saying next Saturday when today is Wednesday. To some people next Saturday is three days away. To others next Saturday is 10 days away.
That's semantics.

If the player is out there and has an over 4 ypc average and won't cost us anything Then bring him in and kick the tires. What's it going to cost? A couple of reps from a guy that probably won't make the team anyway?
BOOM

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's semantics.

So if I say in the last 3 years a guy hasn't done something. That only includes 2 years prior to today's date? I'm sorry I'm still not getting it. It doesn't make a lick of sense to me. Your analogy doesn't apply because there aren't actual numbers involved with a date of reference to start.

Cotton

Staff member
:picard

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I agree with CRock. 3 years ago is before the 2012 season started. The statement was that he hasn't had over 100 carries in three years. Inside of that arbitrary number, he has. 212 carries in 2012. Three seasons ago. He hasn't broken that barrier during the last TWO seasons.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree with CRock. 3 years ago is before the 2012 season started. The statement was that he hasn't had over 100 carries in three years. Inside of that arbitrary number, he has. 212 carries in 2012. Three seasons ago. He hasn't broken that barrier during the last TWO seasons.
Thank you, it's common f'ing sense.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Wow. I have to say this is the dumbest argument ever regardless of DCC incarnation.

Top Bottom