Cowboys sign OT La'el Collins

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
What does pet cat have to do with anything?
You are his flag bearer and if there is anything negative ever said about the guy you will be the first to post in his defense. Im not disagreeing with you about him because I like the player. Its just something Ive noticed and I dont think Im the only one.

Martin didnt have noticeable growing pains and I dont remember Frederick having them. Being sandwiched between Frederick and Smith will help as well.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
What does pet cat have to do with anything?

Leary is a very good G and I know we have gotten spoiled around here but Collins is a rookie, thinking he walks in as a automatic upgrade is not being rational.

If he beats him out fine but its not going to be a cakewalk and will he be that much better that you are willing to go through the rookie growing pains?
Martin pretty much shot this argument out of the water last year. And if Collins were to start, he'd be between two allpro talents in Smith and Fredbeard. I think he'd be ok.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
:lol

That whole thread is so much fun to read. They are calling this line the Legion of Room. :towel
Craving Toast: Forgive me, but I'm pretty sure the 2014 Eagles secondary already trademarked that term.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Martin didnt have noticeable growing pains and I dont remember Frederick having them. Being sandwiched between Frederick and Smith will help as well.
You magnificent, timestamping bastard.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I don't like it. Cheap rip off of Seattle.
I don't think it is. I think it's a great spin-off. Don't think it's cheap at all.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Martin pretty much shot this argument out of the water last year. And if Collins were to start, he'd be between two allpro talents in Smith and Fredbeard. I think he'd be ok.
Sucks for Leary though. Dude is probably better then at least half the starting guards in the NFL and he is going to be a backup here.

Cotton

Staff member

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I don't think it is. I think it's a great spin-off. Don't think it's cheap at all.
If we sweep the division again, we could be called Legion of Broom. Of if any of our players get caught with a hallucinogenic, they could be in the Legion of Shrooms. If our WRs get any more fast WRs, they could be the Legion of Vroom.

Yeah. Cheap imitation.

Cotton

Staff member
If we sweep the division again, we could be called Legion of Broom. Of if any of our players get caught with a hallucinogenic, they could be in the Legion of Shrooms. If our WRs get any more fast WRs, they could be the Legion of Vroom.

Yeah. Cheap imitation.
Nah.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I will settle for The Great Wall of Dallas version 2.0

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Sucks for Leary though. Dude is probably better then at least half the starting guards in the NFL and he is going to be a backup here.
Yeah, but this is a problem that I'm happy we have. If his knees hold up, he'll land a fat contract somewhere else after next year.

And we'll get another comp pick. :towel

Jiggyfly

Banned
You are his flag bearer and if there is anything negative ever said about the guy you will be the first to post in his defense. Im not disagreeing with you about him because I like the player. Its just something Ive noticed and I dont think Im the only one.

Martin is a generational type player to think that happens again is not rational.

We have been very lucky that the growing pains have been minimal but you also have to remember Tyron;s start was not exactly smooth.

Hey nothing wrong with some good old competition but if Leary was traded tomorrow I would not care, his time is limited anyway.

And I am batting about 750 in my o-line evaluations.:geek

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Last year at this time, did you think Martin was a generational type player?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, but this is a problem that I'm happy we have. If his knees hold up, he'll land a fat contract somewhere else after next year.

And we'll get another comp pick. :towel
And god forbid anyone gets hurt we have insurance across the board. Well except maybe at center. Smith gets hurt, you put Collins there. Collins gets hurt and you have Leary. Same thing if Martin gets hurt. If Free gets hurt kick Collins out to RT and you have Leary at LG.

If I were Leary I'd work my ass off to learn center.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Martin is special and yes Collins will be ok but Leary has been more than ok.

I'm just saying I don't think he will be handed the position don't you think he needs to beat Leary out?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

I'm just saying I don't think he will be handed the position don't you think he needs to beat Leary out?
Of course. Nobody has said to just hand the job to Collins and give Leary the finger. I along with some others just believe that in a heads up competition, Collins will leave no doubt he's better and win the job.

I like Leary. But I've always been afraid of his knees. If they hold up for him, great. But I'm just happy we no longer have to hold our breath hoping they do.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I really like Leary. In fact at times last year he was downright dominant. I'm on the same page with you when it comes to Leary.

I think Collins is a pretty special talent though. He gets a Pouncey like comparison but I think he is way more powerful then either of the Pouncey brothers but is just as athletic.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Last year at this time, did you think Martin was a generational type player?
Really?

If Collins is the same he starts easily no problem but are you ready to say that now?

And let's not forget Martin was a higher ranked player going into the draft.

Don't try and turn this into me advocating for Leary if he gets beat out good but it's funny that you think Collins should just be handed the position.

Top Bottom