Cowboys Sign OG Xavier Su'a-Filo

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Gotta be better than Williams. Guy's gotta get bigger, stronger, and improve or he's gonna be a busted 2nd round pick.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I think cooper last year played better than Williams this year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This Connor Williams is a bust already narrative is way out of control.
No kidding. It was one game and Short is an elite talent. Most Olineman don't even start their rookie years. In an ideal world we could have let him sit instead of facing a pro bowl Short week 1. He wasn't total garbage. He's just a work in progress still.

p1_

DCC 4Life
He was abused yesterday. Gets "Snacks" this week, lots o luck with that assignment.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He was abused yesterday. Gets "Snacks" this week, lots o luck with that assignment.
Luckily he isn't much of a pass rusher. And the rest of the Giants D-line is pretty meh in terms of pass rush ability. But we will see.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Does he get him or Martin?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
No kidding. It was one game and Short is an elite talent. Most Olineman don't even start their rookie years. In an ideal world we could have let him sit instead of facing a pro bowl Short week 1.
Well there was no law saying we had to start him right away. We could have had an average vet guard do it for a while.

But Stephen thinks his personnel department is so good, everyone they pick is going to be a player right away.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well there was no law saying we had to start him right away. We could have had an average vet guard do it for a while.

But Stephen thinks his personnel department is so good, everyone they pick is going to be a player right away.
Yeah and I think he will get better as the season goes along. But yes it would have been nice to sit him for a season and let him learn while he sort of rebuilds his body.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
By the way it seems like a solid signing. Former second round pick with lots of starting experience. Way better choice than Edwards at least who was released.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Youd hope hes better than Ka-Deem.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Youd hope hes better that Ka-Deem.
I'm sure he is. I may even consider giving him a chance at LG if Connor doesn't start to improve. Frankly I wish we had put Connor out at RT and move Collins back inside but that ship has sailed for now.

Top Bottom