Cowboys sign Morris

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
When Romo breaks his collarbone again and Kellen Moore is at QB we could be picking top 10 again.
Then I'll want a QB assuming one is there.

Let's just hope we take our QB this year and a stud RB next year.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I hate it.

Good bye Zeke. :sad
Zeke was never going to happen. Assuming the Morris deal is cheap I don't mind it. McFadden can be cut with no cap repercussions if they draft a RB they like. The one that irritates me is bringing back Dunbar when they should have just moved on from that brittle MFer.

That said, I hope they don't completely pass on RB in the draft again because they think they are set at the position.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Zeke was never going to happen. Assuming the Morris deal is cheap I don't mind it. McFadden can be cut with no cap repercussions if they draft a RB they like. The one that irritates me is bringing back Dunbar when they should have just moved on from that brittle MFer.

That said, I hope they don't completely pass on RB in the draft again because they think they are set at the position.
True, the Dunbar thing is ridiculous. We should draft a guy like Dixon, Prosise or Collins in the 3rd or 4th and get rid of him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like the signing. He is a runningback with some power running ability. At worst he is a huge boost to short yardage situations which is where McFadden sucks. At 27 years old there is still a possibility that he has a bounce back season in Dallas. His numbers declining basically every year he has been in the league is concerning but you can't take those stats in a vacuum. Coaching changes and blocking play a big role in those stats. The fact that the Redskins prized young back sucked last year too basically tells you that there is more wrong with that Washington running game then just Morris.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
2 years, 3.5 million base, incentives could take it up to 5.5 million according to Rapoport.

Not too bad.

townsend

Banned
I think Morris and McFadden will make a good stable. We still need a 3rd body in the lineup who isn't a gimmick player.

dallen

Senior Tech
Good. Now draft QB in the first round and DT in the 2nd.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Nope. He is a declining back. The money better be dirt cheap since we signed him for two years.
He may be declining but that doesn't mean he has hit the wall. I don't hate it as long as he came at a reasonable price, is part of a rotation and not expected to be the go to guy. If that is the plan and we overpaid him for a role like that then no, I don't like the signing.

Jiggyfly

Banned
True, the Dunbar thing is ridiculous. We should draft a guy like Dixon, Prosise or Collins in the 3rd or 4th and get rid of him.
I think that is still highly possible especially with how bad that knee injury was.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Do you expect us to have a top 10 pick?

That's why I ignore him, obviously if he's an option we take him immediately.

Chubb is another guy I'm looking hard at, if he comes back strong from the injury he's right there with Fournette honestly.
I've got a chubby for Chubb 2017. :towel

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I've liked Morris since he entered the league. This is only year 5 so I think he should still have some juice left.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Nope. He is a declining back. The money better be dirt cheap since we signed him for two years.
If a youngish, highly productive runner is already hitting the wall, isn't that a good reason not to take Zeke that high?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The only thing this signing clears up is there will not be a RB drafted (again). Maybe the good news is that maybe a QB is still in the mix for the first round.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
The only thing this signing clears up is there will not be a RB drafted (again). Maybe the good news is that maybe a QB is still in the mix for the first round.
I wouldn't say that with certainty. McFadden would only cost them something like $100,000 in dead money if they cut him after June 1. Not saying they will, but they can. Also, Dunbar may start the season on PUP and he is someone they could cut if his knee continues to be a problem. Even without cuts McFadden and Dunbar are free agents after this season and Morris only got a 2 year deal.

They may very well wait until 2017 to draft a RB, but I don't see this signing as prohibitive if they see one they like as a value pick in this upcoming draft.

Last edited:

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I doubt we draft a guy in the 1st/2nd at this point but I don't see why we wouldn't look at a guy in the 3rd/4th.

And our lack of interest in free agent QB's is very telling, let's just hope it's because we plan on taking a guy at 4 and not in the 2nd or 3rd.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
And our lack of interest in free agent QB's is very telling, let's just hope it's because we plan on taking a guy at 4 and not in the 2nd or 3rd.
It really is starting to look like that could be the case. They are either full of shit of completely delusional if they think Kellen f'ing Moore is an adequate backup when their starter is Tony Romo. Let's just hope "completely delusional" is not the reality of the situation.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah, you don't take a QB in the third and think, "This guy is ready to be our primary backup this year." You do that with a fourth overall though, maybe.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It really is starting to look like that could be the case. They are either full of shit of completely delusional if they think Kellen f'ing Moore is an adequate backup when their starter is Tony Romo. Let's just hope "completely delusional" is not the reality of the situation.
That's my hope. Not sure who the QB in free agency would have been if that wasn't our plan though.

Top Bottom