Cowboys sign former Jaguars guard Uche Nwaneri

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Cowboys to add line depth with Uche Nwaneri

Posted by Darin Gantt on June 24, 2014, 11:58 AM EDT

The Cowboys have used plenty of premium picks in recent years to bolster their offensive line. That leaves the depth jobs for veterans.

According to Adam Caplan of ESPN, the Cowboys are going to sign former Jaguars starter Uche Uwaneri.

The Jaguars cut the 30-year-old in March in a cap-saving move. He had started all but five games for them the previous six seasons.

The Titans and Bengals had also showed interest, but he’s from Dallas, and that might have been enough to swing the decision.

Newt

DCC 4Life
Don't know much about the player, all for the competition at the other guard spot though. I can't see us carrying 4 guards during the season with as thin as we are at linebacker. I would love to see Leary win the starting job because of his age but if he doesn't win it this season I don't know how much longer I would hang on to him.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I would love to see Leary win the starting job because of his age but if he doesn't win it this season I don't know how much longer I would hang on to him.
Leary is a youngster, just a 3rd season guy. Who are you thinking of?

Carp

DCC 4Life
Between this and Tyronne Green they are really going all in at the G position. I would not mind a legit swing T.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Between this and Tyronne Green they are really going all in at the G position. I would not mind a legit swing T.
I think this guy is far superior to Green.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I do too, but it gets me thinking that maybe Martin might get a look at T sooner than later.
Martin will probably take over at RT in a year or so.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Leary is a youngster, just a 3rd season guy. Who are you thinking of?
I think he means that he wants him to win the job because he is so young and could start for a long time.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Leary's knee scares me. Who knows how long it will hold up. If he wins the job for now, fine. But even though he's young, I'd always have my eye out for a replacement.

Jon88

Banned
He has one degenerative knee. Who's to say he faded because if that? Erik Williams lasted another 7-8 years after he screwed his knee up.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Leary's knee scares me. Who knows how long it will hold up. If he wins the job for now, fine. But even though he's young, I'd always have my eye out for a replacement.
Don't expect anything from the draft's first five rounds for the next 6 years.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Really? We have shown a real emphasis on the OL...I'm enthused.
I have to believe Garrett is behind the shift in focus which is encouraging.

But after the DL was overhauled in 2005 and 2006 Dallas didn't touch the "retooled" position again until 2012. It's a virtual lock that Jerry will still be here for the next 6 years. I don't have high hopes Garrett will.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I have to believe Garrett is behind the shift in focus which is encouraging.
Garrett wanted a DL instead of Fred in the first and got Escobar as payment for shutting the fuck up. Yeah, he really is focused on the OL.

Top Bottom