Cowboys sign Dez Bryant to 5 year deal

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Not sure why I'm even arguing with this fool about this. He is the moron that thinks our offense would be just fine without Dez. #anyreceivercancatch

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member
When his entire career, he hasn't made even 12 million total.

Dez comes with potential problems, this is why they have him in the mentor/monitor program. No program, no contract and I wouldn't blame Dallas at all.
That's a stupid argument... even for you. He is finishing his rookie contract and has excelled. So to argue that since he has only made 12 mill, 20 mill should be attractive is laughable at best.

Oh, and in case you haven't noticed, Dez has also excelled off the field. And, wtf are you getting that one of the hangups is him wanting to get rid of any program. Pulling shit out of your ass again?

DCUDoomsday

Brand New Member
Not sure I'm even arguing with this fool about this. He is the moron that thinks our offense would be just fine without Dez. #anyreceivercancatch
I think we would still be seeing 300 YPG out of Romo with or without Dez. What, Tony's just gonna take sacks and not find receivers like he's done his whole career?

DCUDoomsday

Brand New Member
That's a stupid argument... even for you. He is finishing his rookie contracted and has excelled. So to argue that he since he has only made 12 mill, 20 mill should be attractive is laughable at best.
You act like 20 mil is the total, for the length of the deal. It's far from it. And by the way if he didn't like his rookie deal he shouldn't have signed it.

Oh, and in case you haven't noticed, Dez has also excelled off the field. And, wtf are you getting that one of the hangups is him wanting to get rid of any program. Pulling shit out of your ass again?
His thug representation in the form of RocNation gives me that clue. If you don't think the mentor/monitor program is a sticking point with Dez and his camp, don't know what else to tell you. If it isn't it should be, like you said he's done well off-field. He should be graduating that program.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dez hasn't missed a game in 3 straight seasons. I think he is too passionate to miss regular season games. Hell he hasn't even been able to stay away from the team since being tagged.

With all that being said the guy deserved 45 mil in signing bonus. Pay the guy and move on. And no I don't believe he still needs a "handler" to stay out of trouble. Dez has proven he has matured past that point. I don't think he needs a baby sitter anymore.

Cotton

Staff member
You act like 20 mil is the total, for the length of the deal. It's far from it. And by the way if he didn't like his rookie deal he shouldn't have signed it.
The hangup is the guaranteed money. That has been made very public. He doesn't think $20 mill in guaranteed money should be his level of pay, and I agree with him.

And, your second sentence in the context of this discussion makes zero sense... even to someone with a third grade comprehension level such as yourself.

His thug representation in the form of RocNation gives me that clue. Ifyou don't think the mentor/monitor program is a sticking point with Dez and his camp, don't know what else to tell you. If it isn't it should be, like you said he's done well off-field. He should be graduating that program.
So, his agent should makes everyone with half a brain believe that a mentoring program is the hangup? :lol

Wow.

He has been quite public with saying that it's the money part of his contract, unlike this nonsense your are spewing.

But even so, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt... show me an article that even insinuates that a mentor program is the problem, and I will move you from 3rd grade to 4th.

DCUDoomsday

Brand New Member
And no I don't believe he still needs a "handler" to stay out of trouble. Dez has proven he has matured past that point. I don't think he needs a baby sitter anymore.
I'm on Dez's side when it comes to that mentor/monitor thing. If that truly is a sticking point and Jerruh and Stephen are still insisting on it, I hang the blame for no deal, on them. On the other hand, they may feel they need SOME insurance still.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well he doesn't like the shitty contract offer now, which is why he isn't signing it. Why should he take less up front then Mike Wallace, Jeremy Maclin and Vincent Jackson. That's just laughable.

DCUDoomsday

Brand New Member
And, your second sentence in the context of this discussion makes zero sense... even to someone with a third grade comprehension level such as yourself.
Sure it does, in answer to any and all references to how well he's done with his rookie deal, and the assertion that means he should get more money because of that. No, he signed that deal and both sides lived up to it and that is over.
He has been quite public with saying that it's the money part of his contract, unlike this nonsense your are spewing.

But even so, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt... show me an article that even insinuates that a mentor program is the problem, and I will move you from 3rd grade to 4th.
You can believe what you want, but it's interesting how a kindergartner thinks he can move anyone "up.":lol

If that mentor/monitor program is NOT a sticking point it well should be, especially if Dallas is still insisting on it. I am willing to bet also, that future franchise tagging is a hangup too - Dez will naturally want that option gone if they can only come to a short term deal, or even if it's a long one.

It's more than just money.

DCUDoomsday

Brand New Member
Well he doesn't like the shitty contract offer now, which is why he isn't signing it. Why should he take less up front then Mike Wallace, Jeremy Maclin and Vincent Jackson. That's just laughable.
I never said he should just take the deal.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I never said he should just take the deal.
You said the standing offer is reasonable. The last numbers I heard weren't. Now if Dallas has a standing offer with a 40 mil or more signing bonus I may say otherwise.

DCUDoomsday

Brand New Member
You said the standing offer is reasonable. The last numbers I heard weren't. Now if Dallas has a standing offer with a 40 mil or more signing bonus I may say otherwise.
Reasonable for what they can pay, not necessarily reasonable for the WR market, which really isn't that well established and is in flux. If Denver is successful in signing Thomas, then we have a real benchmark.

We all have to come to grips with the fact that it is possible Dallas cannot afford Dez.

DCUDoomsday

Brand New Member
Do people really think it is that unreasonable to believe that Tony Romo would still throw for 300+ yards a game, still find targets, and still be successful without Dez?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Dez hasn't actually missed games yet. If he does, I will be pissed at him.
He has laid it out there. He's the guy who went to Twitter to air his grievances like a teenager.

Right now, if he just farts around in training camp and holds out, he will come off as weak.

The minute he Tweeted that, he escalated things.

I really don't have an issue with his feelings. But now he's put them out there, he will be pressured to live up to his threats.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Do people really think it is that unreasonable to believe that Tony Romo would still throw for 300+ yards a game, still find targets, and still be successful without Dez?
With this WR corps and Joseph Randle as the lead RB?

Abso-fucking-lutely.

You think teams will cower?

OMG...it's Romo!

Get real.

They will tee off on him like there is no tomorrow.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Fuck Dez if he does this. There's absolutely no reason or advantage to hold out after the deadline, other than to be a petulant Fuck.
Agreed.

I get he wants his cash.

And that is why there are negotiations. He took it public.

I felt the team held his loyalty to his teammates as a ploy and he served it right back.

Neither side is "right". I just kind of sucks right now he chose to bow up. This won't be easy.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He has laid it out there. He's the guy who went to Twitter to air his grievances like a teenager.

Right now, if he just farts around in training camp and holds out, he will come off as weak.

The minute he Tweeted that, he escalated things.

I really don't have an issue with his feelings. But now he's put them out there, he will be pressured to live up to his threats.
He put them out there to put more pressure on the Cowboys. It's just all part of the negotiation. If it helps to get a deal done with the Cowboys I'm all for it.

DCUDoomsday

Brand New Member
With this WR corps and Joseph Randle as the lead RB?

Abso-fucking-lutely.

You think teams will cower?

OMG...it's Romo!

Get real.

They will tee off on him like there is no tomorrow.
Without Dez all of our tendencies go out the window. Opponents will be facing basically a entirely new offense, with no film on it. Can be a good thing, can also be a bad thing. I think it is reasonable to believe Tony will do what he always has. If they think they can just pin their ears back and come pall mall after Tony, I'd like to see them try that.

DCUDoomsday

Brand New Member
My REAL fear isn't not having Dez. My REAL fear is he will be forced to play unhappily under the tag, and develop the chronic hammy or other such fake soft tissue injury that can't be x-rayed, like Austin did. I would rather not have him at all if this turns out to be the case.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He put them out there to put more pressure on the Cowboys. It's just all part of the negotiation. If it helps to get a deal done with the Cowboys I'm all for it.
And maybe. But the mature thing to do would be to just let it play out.

He just mashed the gas in the game of chicken.

Again, not faulting him. Just tough to condone completely either.

Top Bottom