Cowboys owner Jerry Jones remains committed to Jason Garrett

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I would like to know exactly what all mistakes Garrett has learned from because he seems to continually make the same mistakes over and over
He has not "learned" from anything.

That comes when his team of tutors show up to recap the previous season.

I am just curious who exactly has been teaching him.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I would like to know exactly what all mistakes Garrett has learned from because he seems to continually make the same mistakes over and over
Haven't heard the press conference yet but this is what the media should relentlessly be asking him. He always talks about watching film, getting better, etc. {looks at schedule and sees 8–8 with soul-crushing week 17 loss each year}. Yeah, so...when is he supposed to get better? Other coaches have had a lot more success in less time. I suppose most of them weren't hired as "trainees" though.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Haven't heard the press conference yet but this is what the media should relentlessly be asking him. He always talks about watching film, getting better, etc. {looks at schedule and sees 8–8 with soul-crushing week 17 loss each year}. Yeah, so...when is he supposed to get better?
He was asked, and he dodged it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Haven't heard the press conference yet but this is what the media should relentlessly be asking him. He always talks about watching film, getting better, etc. {looks at schedule and sees 8–8 with soul-crushing week 17 loss each year}. Yeah, so...when is he supposed to get better?
I think most of them are just beaten down by cliché so bad they just say, frick it.

That shit today was over a half an hour with nothing of substance.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
Jerry's comfortable and not walking around on eggshells.

Garrett probably rubs his feet and brings him iced tea whenever he wants it.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Who called the stupid timeout at the end of the half? They should have ran the clock down to approx. 3 seconds but someone called a timeout with 20 seconds to play.

It was a minor thing that didn't end up hurting us but that's the kind of clock mismanagement that we constantly get from Garrett and it's gotten old quickly.
I kept looking for the reply to confirm, but last week against the slurs, I swear Romo had to tell Garrett not call timeout without running the clock down before the 4th down play.

Ah well...

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I kept looking for the reply to confirm, but last week against the slurs, I swear Romo had to tell Garrett not call timeout without running the clock down before the 4th down play.

Ah well...
it looked like even the ref said "are you sure?" before Romo stopped gingerfuck

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
The Chargers got lucky to beat a Chiefs team that was sitting it's starters to finish 9-7. Pretty much the same place they were during Norval's last three years. As for Philips shining, he was better than last year, certainly. But pretty much the same as the seasons prior with Norv.

Really, not much difference.

Rivers passed for almost 1000 yards more, run game for over 500 more, and the offensive numbers were over 2000 yards more as a team.

So yeah, there was a difference.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Rivers passed for almost 1000 yards more, run game for over 500 more, and the offensive numbers were over 2000 yards more as a team.

So yeah, there was a difference.
The point was, it was ONE year. The years prior to Norv's last one there, was similar to this years production. One year is not indicative of his overall stay in San Diego.

Besides, we constantly hear that stats don't mean shit. Well, do they or don't they? Because for their jump in stats, their overall record sure didn't change much. And they're lucky to be in the playoffs and not home at 8-8 as they would have been if Reid didn't play his cheerleaders and grandkids. And they still should have lost to them if not for a missed FG and a fuck up by the refs.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
The point was, it was ONE year. The years prior to Norv's last one there, was similar to this years production. One year is not indicative of his overall stay in San Diego.

Besides, we constantly hear that stats don't mean shit. Well, do they or don't they? Because for their jump in stats, their overall record sure didn't change much. And they're lucky to be in the playoffs and not home at 8-8 as they would have been if Reid didn't play his cheerleaders and grandkids. And they still should have lost to them if not for a missed FG and a fuck up by the refs.
You probably have a point....but on the flipside, Norv only had a top 5 offense 1 time in his 6 years there, although he had the 6th best in 2011. They also had a couple 31st rankings too.

I think he's a good OC, but I don't think the personnel Dallas has works well with his offense, especially Romo who improvises 99% of the time he's back throwing the ball.

:lol

Top Bottom