Cowboys Injury Update Thread...

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Yep, Austin could have returned last week if the game was close. :words

I thought I heard/read that Williams will be getting the start on Sunday. Is that true?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
:lol

So like we were saying the other day, when the Cowboys give you a diagnosis of someone's injury, go ahead and assume it's worse.

And another thing - they keep saying they are playing it safe with him due to his history. This is the exact same thing they said last year too. But if this asshole keeps pulling his hamstrings even when the team is be cautious with him, then what is the use of keeping him around?

Worthless bum.
No kidding.

Why would you want a player on the roster who you constantly have to baby?

If he had elite skills like Calvin Johnson then hell yeah you try to make it work; however Austin is nothing more than a good #2 wideout.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yep, Austin could have returned last week if the game was close. :words

I thought I heard/read that Williams will be getting the start on Sunday. Is that true?
From what I have read that hinges on Harris' condition at game time.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
No kidding.

Why would you want a player on the roster who you constantly have to baby?

If he had elite skills like Calvin Johnson then hell yeah you try to make it work; however Austin is nothing more than a good #2 wideout.
Exactly.

This is a player who has been average to above average at best for most of the last 3 seasons. On top of that, he has spent much of that time out with injury, or playing at around 75% capacity because of said injuries. If that wasn't bad enough, he's been paid as if he were a top flight starter.

This is why I wanted him cut in the offseason and why I'd give him away to anyone foolish enough to give us a draft pick for him.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'm curious to see how we look with Harris in the slot and Williams outside. If Williams doesn't make mental mistakes with blown assignments I don't think we will lose too much, and if we look decent without Austin it will pave the way to cutting him in the offseason.

Combine shedding his salary with Ratliff's and not re-signing Spencer and we might have a little room to sign a guy like Melton.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I'm curious to see how we look with Harris in the slot and Williams outside. If Williams doesn't make mental mistakes with blown assignments I don't think we will lose too much, and if we look decent without Austin it will pave the way to cutting him in the offseason.

Combine shedding his salary with Ratliff's and not re-signing Spencer and we might have a little room to sign a guy like Melton.
It sucks that Harris is hurt, but I bet that makes a guy like Harris play harder.

Cotton

Staff member

data

Forbes #1
Kelly Rowland, Jessica Simpson and Kim Kardashian.

If not for these three women, we might've won the Super Bowl already.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Kelly Rowland, Jessica Simpson and Kim Kardashian.

If not for these three women, we might've won the Super Bowl already.
You forgot about Carrie Underwood.

data

Forbes #1
You forgot about Carrie Underwood.
He was doing well with Carrie Underwood. Once Jessica Simpson and her pink jersey made their debut, it was Cabo San Lucas and it's been downhill since.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He was doing well with Carrie Underwood. Once Jessica Simpson and her pink jersey made their debut, it was Cabo San Lucas and it's been downhill since.
Feh. Carrie obviously didn't put out enough for Tony and he had to hook up with the skank...

I still blame Underwood.

Cotton

Staff member
No Miles Austin at practice
October, 2, 2013

By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- Cowboys wide receiver Miles Austin missed Wednesday's practice with a hamstring injury.

Austin, who missed last week's game at San Diego with the same injury, is getting better, according to coach Jason Garrett but his absence raises questions about his availability for Sunday's clash against undefeated Denver.

"Miles is a good player and he's off to a really good start," Garrett said. "He's been as healthy as he's been the last couple of years, up until hurting the hamstring and being out last week. He's made a lot of plays for us, underneath plays, a couple of plays down the field, he's certainly a good player. He starts and he has a big role on our team for a reason."

Also, linebacker Justin Durant (groin) and defensive end George Selvie (concussion) also missed practice.

Defensive end DeMarcus Ware, who tweaked his back in the Chargers game, and is dealing with a neck issue, was in full pads during Wednesday's practice.

Cotton

Staff member

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
IRVING, Texas -- Cowboys wide receiver Miles Austin missed Wednesday's practice with a hamstring injury.
:lol

But I thought it was nothing serious?

"Miles is a good player and he's off to a really good start," Garrett said.
He is? He has 125 yards and no TD's in 3 games. Since when is this a really good start for a #2 receiver and supposed good player?

"He's been as healthy as he's been the last couple of years, up until hurting the hamstring and being out last week.
In that case, how can you say he's as healthy as he's been in years? If he's already out after only 3 weeks and is about to miss his 2nd straight game, then it appears to me that he is just as unhealthy as he's always been.

Just once I wish this team would be honest about the players on this team.

Cotton

Staff member
Ace, they can't be honest and pump sunshine up our asses at the same time. #unrealisticexpectations

Top Bottom