Cowboys go to silent count because of opponent crowd noise ... in Dallas

superpunk

Banned
Dude...I pretty much said the fans are doing it for money.

And again, I don't blame them for doing it since Jerry's decisions are primarily money driven.

They're making money of AT&T Stadium just like Jerry. More power to them.
so you're just cool with all of it?

imo if you want the tickets buy what you can afford and keep them. scalping only encourages the owners to keep the prices high by artificially inflating their value

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I agree it was their choice to buy the tickets in the first place. And it's also their choice and their right to take their property.

I believe the team's performance and overall direction of the franchise is what drove a lot of people to sell. Particularly when you consider the historically bad defenses we've fielded the past few years and the number of embarrassing performances the team has put up.
It probably is but the irony is it wasn't a topic of conversation or problem until this season and guess what? The team has its best start in a long time.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Also since we're talking about tickets. IMO, PSLs are a huge rip off. I can't believe people are willing to pay that additional fee on top of what they pay for tickets
Again that may be correct but it's an upfront cost that is disclosed and agreed on. It's a choice in the market place.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yep. It's just a not-so-veiled way of gouging the price.
Nothing veiled about it. It's full disclosed and above board. Is it too high? It is for me now and I decided to pass especially since the stadium is so far from me now.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Nothing veiled about it. It's full disclosed and above board. Is it too high? It is for me now and I decided to pass especially since the stadium is so far from me now.
You could have just said you agreed with me and saved some typing.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Did you add not so veiled or did I misread? :art
Normally, when people say things like "not-so-veiled", they are inferring that the veil isn't there. I didn't say thinly veiled.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Normally, when people say things like "not-so-veiled", they are inferring that the veil isn't there. I didn't say thinly veiled.
I know. I misread it. A thousand apologies. No. That's too many.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
so you're just cool with all of it?

imo if you want the tickets buy what you can afford and keep them. scalping only encourages the owners to keep the prices high by artificially inflating their value
I don't think they are any worse than the fans that don't buy tickets at all, like me. :art

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Just read some Cowboys fan ended up getting six grand for his six 100$ Opening Day tickets. Damn hard to argue with that once offered except for why the fan looked to sell them in the first place.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Just read some Cowboys fan ended up getting six grand for his six 100$ Opening Day tickets. Damn hard to argue with that once offered except for why the fan looked to sell them in the first place.
He can see the game at home and doesn't have to make the trip to Arlington. Not to mention the parking and concessions costs. Did I mention the profit that helps reimburse the licence fee.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
He can see the game at home and doesn't have to make the trip to Arlington. Not to mention the parking and concessions costs. Did I mention the profit that helps reimburse the licence fee.
Then I'd only ask why buy the tickets in the first place?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Then I'd only ask why buy the tickets in the first place?
A lot of these people have been season ticket holders for years. It's no easy feat to just go in every year and pick up season tickets. There are waiting lists for tickets a well for the season. There are myriads of reasons why people buy tickets then sell them but a large segment of the sellers exercised their options from the old Texas Stadium days and have since gotten tired of the trek to Arlington. Buyers remorse if you will. When they relocated the stadium I opted out. The only time I go to a game now is If a friend invites me to his box.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I guess. I'm not in that situation so I can't feel their pain.

It's just frustrating to watch happen. There are probably millions of Cowboys fans who would be there if they only knew the seats weren't already taken.

Jerry Jones/the NFL needs to start a team-prioritized mode on the NFL ticket exchange. When you register, you choose a single team. When exchanging, you could enter in your bid tolerance to stay loyal to your home team.

Some people would find ways to spoof the system, but most would not.

superpunk

Banned
oh look we bought out seattle's homefield, too

because it's like this in every GD stadium, like i said

Top Bottom