Cowboys Free Agency

Carp

DCC 4Life
Morris would be a perfect fit here...one cut and go. Part of me wants him, but the signing of Dunbar, and return of McFadden would give us an excuse to not draft a back at all.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Morris would be a perfect fit here...one cut and go. Part of me wants him, but the signing of Dunbar, and return of McFadden would give us an excuse to not draft a back at all.
Yeah I doubt we'd draft a RB if we sign Morris.

In his prime he'd have been a good fit. But I think he's about done now. I'd much rather draft a mid round RB, I think you'd get at least as much if not more out of him.

Of course the problem with drafting a RB is what happened last year.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
From the owner's meetings:

:lol

DLK150

DCC 4Life

:picard Do you still believe in the tooth fairy too? Schmuck.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
:picard Do you still believe in the tooth fairy too? Schmuck.
"That's not what we believe, but every single FUCKING THING WE ARE DOING SPEAKS OTHERWISE!"

Up until now, the story appears we are good with evrabody that is a free agent for us.

Sign 'em all back.

And we got the 1-T in Thornton to get everyone off the J's ass about that damn DT thing with Hayden.

That's it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

He says the right thing but the actions of our organization don't back it up.

Actions speak louder then words.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If we sign Robinson, combine that with Thornton and there isn't a whole lot more that we could've expected. Ideally I would've liked one more mid-level free agent, a guy like Andre Branch, Matt Forte, Tahir Whitehead or maybe a home run shot in Weddle (although we seemingly made a serious run at him), but signing Thornton, Robinson and possibly Morris while re-signing Claiborne is not terrible when we all knew we weren't going after any mega free agents.

The only real head scratcher is Mayowa, no clue what they're thinking there.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If we sign Robinson, combine that with Thornton and there isn't a whole lot more that we could've expected. Ideally I would've liked one more mid-level free agent, a guy like Andre Branch, Matt Forte, Tahir Whitehead or maybe a home run shot in Weddle (although we seemingly made a serious run at him), but signing Thornton, Robinson and possibly Morris while re-signing Claiborne is not terrible when we all knew we weren't going after any mega free agents.

The only real head scratcher is Mayowa, no clue what they're thinking there.
I'll believe it when Robinson and Morris are signed. My guess is both leave Dallas with nothing just like the others.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'll believe it when Robinson and Morris are signed. My guess is both leave Dallas with nothing just like the others.
I could take or leave Morris, I think he could be good in a rotation but if we don't sign him I don't really care.

Robinson I want, he is a guy who can legitimately start for you, at worst he's a strong 3rd CB, combine that with Thornton as a legit run-stuffing starter at DT and it's not too bad. Personally I'd have wanted us to be more aggressive about getting one of Lamar Miller, Eric Weddle or Danny Trevathan on top of that so we could maximize whatever time Romo has left but I'm not going to slit my wrists over one player.

dallen

Senior Tech

So far all you can really say about Stephen is that unlike his dad he is smart enough to say the right things. It would be appreciated if he could convince the old man to start doing the right things as well.

dallen

Senior Tech

Rapoport seems pretty confident

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Rapoport seems pretty confident
He don't know shit.

Signed,
DFDC

DLK150

DCC 4Life
"That's not what we believe, but every single FUCKING THING WE ARE DOING SPEAKS OTHERWISE!"

Up until now, the story appears we are good with evrabody that is a free agent for us.

Sign 'em all back.

And we got the 1-T in Thornton to get everyone off the J's ass about that damn DT thing with Hayden.

That's it.
On the treadmill to nowhere, just as it's been for most of the last twenty years. Either overpay marginal free agents, trade high picks for schmucks who don't measure up, sign scrubs because they have "potential" or draft projects that could be 1st round picks if they could, you know, stay on the field.

Lather, rinse, repeat. The same variation of the same sh!t that has been going on for ages. I was still in my thirties when we won our last SB. One reason why I don't post like I used to is because I'm getting too old for this sh!t. The masochist in me keeps hanging in there but I'm almost to the point that I'm ready to say F it and kick that masochist down the drain. The Super Bowls in the early 90s don't even really matter at this point because they're ancient history in the grand scheme of things.

Sh!t or get off the pot, Jones family. Hell, swallow your damn pride and ask the other JJ to do consulting work. If you can hire a long ago vet like Calvin Hill to work with your problem children, you can at least consult the person that led you to your greatest success. Put your fricking ego aside for once.

Ugh. /Rant

Top Bottom