28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Very average punter. He ranks 13th in the NFL in yards per attempt and 13th in the NFL in terms of net yards.

But he also is our holder so I get why we don't want him going anywhere.

midswat

... soon
I'd rather have an elite punter than an elite cornerback.

-- sbk92

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Very average punter. He ranks 13th in the NFL in yards per attempt and 13th in the NFL in terms of net yards.

He is getting paid right about at the median of NFL punters.

I am okay with it. As long as he is consistent, can directional punt and knocks out a few fools, I am okay paying him that.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

Yep, very average punter. Shocked me when I saw that we signed him to a 4 year extension.

The Cowboys' philosophy has definitely shifted over the years. Unless I'm mistaken, up until Bailey and Jones, the Cowboys usually didn't put much value in retaining kickers past their initial contract. Seems like we let some steady kickers walk via FA in the past due to that philosophy.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I'd say he's a bit above average. And I'll take that in a punter. Better than taking a chance on finding some dipshit that shanks them left and right a lot of the time like I saw with some teams last year.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
He may be around average, but he has improved light years since he started with the team.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He may be around average, but he has improved light years since he started with the team.
Yeah and he is consistent. Rarely if ever do you see a really ugly punt from him now. The only problem is he rarely has one of those crazy long punts either that sort of flips the field on your opponent

Top Bottom