Cowboys Cuts

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Have no ideal how either of them keep sticking around.
That was a huge surprise to me. Can't figure out how Escobar stuck around either as he was outplayed by Swaim. Should have kept Traylor instead.

Jiggyfly

Banned
At second glance a mia culpa.

Don't think they end up keeping 2 FB's but I would have cut one for Okoye.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I won't miss anyone they cut especially if they can land a couple guys on the PS.

So we did keep 4 RBs (Elliott, Morris, Jackson, and Dunbar) and two FBs? That's a lot. And the TEs are Witten, Escobar, Swaim, with Hanna on NFI?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Rod Smith is listed on the team's site as a RB, he's also gotten carries there throughout the preseason. I don't think the team views him as strictly a FB, he actually looked just about as good as Jackson the other night to be honest.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
I won't miss anyone they cut especially if they can land a couple guys on the PS.

So we did keep 4 RBs (Elliott, Morris, Jackson, and Dunbar) and two FBs? That's a lot. And the TEs are Witten, Escobar, Swaim, with Hanna on NFI?
That's what it looks like. Still odd they decided to go 2 FB instead of keeping Taylor to replace Hanna.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member

Hmm, a bit surprising that he was cut because from what I saw he played pretty well. Wonder if we'd have any interest in him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rod Smith is listed on the team's site as a RB, he's also gotten carries there throughout the preseason. I don't think the team views him as strictly a FB, he actually looked just about as good as Jackson the other night to be honest.
Yeah but then we kept 5 RBs if you want to look at it that way which is also crazy.

Only thing I can think of is we kept both guys for special teams purposes.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yeah but then we kept 5 RBs if you want to look at it that way which is also crazy.

I think if we wind up keeping both, special teams is exactly why.

Alternatively, this may be an indication that we intend to run A LOT.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

6 if you count McFadden.

Top Bottom