Cowboys book reveals Jerry Jones is 'averse to starting over with a new coach'

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Gary Myers really has all the good shit. Who would have thought any of this?

DLK150

DCC 4Life
The loser is still in denial over how big his role in 3 SB titles was in the 90s. He's spent all this time trying to prove he can do it without Jimmy. Arse raping the Vikings in the Herschel Walker trade didn't hurt either.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The loser is still in denial over how big his role in 3 SB titles was in the 90s. He's spent all this time trying to prove he can do it without Jimmy. Arse raping the Vikings in the Herschel Walker trade didn't hurt either.
Unfortunately Jerry hasn't even been capable of winning a trade since Jimmy left.

p1_

DCC 4Life
he did it with Switzer, and that makes him think he did it (and can) without Jimmy. Even though he hasnt sniffed so much as a NFC title game since '95.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
he did it with Switzer, and that makes him think he did it (and can) without Jimmy. Even though he hasnt sniffed so much as a NFC title game since '95.
The sad thing is he finally figured out someone who can build a pretty talented roster. But he still has no idea how to find the right coach.

p1_

DCC 4Life
The sad thing is he finally figured out someone who can build a pretty talented roster. But he still has no idea how to find the right coach.
well, as bad as Garrett may be, Jerry loves him because je lets Jerry be overly involved and controlling. It seems you cant have a good coach with Jerry. Parcells was a great coach, I cant help but believe that Jerry even fucked that one up. Parcells first year was his best record wise I think. And then it seems he entered the Garrett world of .500 mediocrity, which was WAY out of character for a Parcells coached team.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
well, as bad as Garrett may be, Jerry loves him because je lets Jerry be overly involved and controlling. It seems you cant have a good coach with Jerry. Parcells was a great coach, I cant help but believe that Jerry even fucked that one up. Parcells first year was his best record wise I think. And then it seems he entered the Garrett world of .500 mediocrity, which was WAY out of character for a Parcells coached team.
Now you've got that song running through my head. Can't get it out. One of my least favorite CSN songs.

Last edited:

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Yep and of course with Switzer he did largely it with the team that Jimmy was key in assembling. The path to mediocrity began when that team aged, left through FA or retired.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
ha! but a fan of CSN nonetheless.

"Guinevere .... had green eyes ..." (toke, toke) college daze, good thing I wasn't the Supreme Court nominee. I wouldn't have remembered shit.

Top Bottom