Cowboys’ Ron Leary says he ‘definitely’ is the starter over La’el Collins

townsend

Banned
You gotta wonder how much Leary will make on the open market. Considering how much Parnell got.

Rayman

Brand New Member
Yeah, I know. I just find it odd that he was recruited to make the OL dominant and now, he is a spare part.

This is a player that could have been a top 15 choice.

I just wonder what they are scared of.
Recruiting him to make the OL dominant could have just been a way to get him to come to the Cowboys instead of joining another team that obviously needed him to be a starter from day one. Now that he is here it's all about competition and can you actually win a job on a line with so much talent and experience.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
You gotta wonder how much Leary will make on the open market. Considering how much Parnell got.
The OL should continue to be the envy of the league, so teams like Jacksonville and Oakland will be frothing at the mouth to get Leary who unlike Parnell can at times actually play at a high level.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The OL should continue to be the envy of the league, so teams like Jacksonville and Oakland will be frothing at the mouth to get Leary who unlike Parnell can at times actually play at a high level.
Leary can straight up dominate at times. Consistency really is the issue with him. He just has lapses in pass protection once in awhile.

It's pretty cool that our sixth O-lineman in Collins would probably be the best O-lineman for a number of teams in the NFL.

townsend

Banned
That was what I was implying although now that I read it, it doesn't necessarily sound that way. I have a feeling that other teams will pay extra to Cowboys players at nearly any position. Probably because of Jersey sales in part. But yeah, I picture someone paying franchise money for Leary.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
That was what I was implying although now that I read it, it doesn't necessarily sound that way. I have a feeling that other teams will pay extra to Cowboys players at nearly any position. Probably because of Jersey sales in part. But yeah, I picture someone paying franchise money for Leary.
I am in definite agreement with you.

Top Bottom