Commercial ocean fishing needs to be regulated

2233boys

Not So New Member
Or even stopped for awhile

Ocean overfishing is simply the taking of wildlife from the sea at rates too high for fished species to replace themselves. The earliest overfishing occurred in the early 1800s when humans, seeking blubber for lamp oil, decimated the whale population. Some fish that we eat, including Atlantic cod and herring and California's sardines, were also harvested to the brink of extinction by the mid-1900s.
(Rest of the article)
http://ocean.nationalgeographic.com/ocean/critical-issues-overfishing/

Ok time to get that embarrassment of a police bashing thread off the top of this forum. I know all of you are meat eating barbarians (jk). So hopefully you can all find something to flame on about, even if it is at the wussy vegetarians expense.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Not real crazy about seafood. Moxnix to me.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I am crazy about seafood, and am of the belief that the world would be a better place without sharks.

Think how many fish those sharks eat.

If we'd kill all the sharks the fish population would skyrocket.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I am crazy about seafood, and am of the belief that the world would be a better place without sharks.

Think how many fish those sharks eat.

If we'd kill all the sharks the fish population would skyrocket.
So the sharks eat em or you eat em. Either way th fish population depletes. I await a different solution.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
It does need to be regulated but it's going to be hard the US doesn't eat much fish and isn't a big part of the global fishing industry. it's mostly countries that don't regulate anything well doing it, plus Japan.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
So the sharks eat em or you eat em. Either way th fish population depletes. I await a different solution.
There's no way I can eat as much a great white, come on man!

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Depleting the ocean is sad and a little scary.

~sits down to eat sushi~

:unsure

2233boys

Not So New Member
It does need to be regulated but it's going to be hard the US doesn't eat much fish and isn't a big part of the global fishing industry. it's mostly countries that don't regulate anything well doing it, plus Japan.
That's a huge part of the issue maybe this thread was a big old fail!

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Okay. You eat one and the shark gets five. Sharks gonna a call you Mac the pocket knife.
That shark is a dead sonofabitch when I get my hooks in him!

Unk, fire up the mother humping shark yacht!! We're back in business, my friend!!!

jeebs

Brand New Member
We need to be spurring plankton growth to provide a larger base to support more fish

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
We need to be spurring plankton growth to provide a larger base to support more fish
Those stupid whales eat up way too much plankton.

We should remove them from the oceans.

What are they good for anyway?

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
When it comes to wildlife, preservation of bees takes priority. Essentially, the argument is that humans will starve because crops will cease to grow if the bee population continues to decline. The first 2 minutes summarizes it sufficiently.

The Honey Bee isn't even native to North America. Corn and other crops grew here before they were brought here for honey production by Europeans.

Top Bottom