Claiborne To Jets; Carr To Ravens

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Our new corners will get the shit kicked out of them if someone doesn't turn into a diamond in the rough of that group.
I just really hope Lawrence has a bounce back season. He definitely has more talent than he showed last year. Irving looks great and Collins can hopefully continue to develop.

And for the shit Mayowa gets he got a lot of pressure in his limited snaps which is the way he should be used. Give me Taco as a mainstay at DE and I think the Dline could do some things.

After that work on the secondary in the draft.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Exactly. It's going to take a couple of off seasons at least to get truly Super Bowl ready on defense. If we have to take a step back this year I don't care if we're working toward building a team that can compete in all phases in January and February.
And in the 2018 draft we should have a few extra compensatory picks which will help.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Letting bad starters go and replacing them with their shitty backups and an Eagles castoff is not what I call moving forward.
Neither is throwing good money after bad in keeping them-- not saying that's what you want, if course.

With only a few picks in any draft seriously contributing in any given year and the huge investment in the OL, Dez, and Romo's carryover taking cap space we're left with needing to give younger players a chance.

We got lucky in the draft last year and we need at least a solid draft again this year if we're going to take the next step as a team.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I just really hope Lawrence has a bounce back season. He definitely has more talent than he showed last year. Irving looks great and Collins can hopefully continue to develop.

And for the shit Mayowa gets he got a lot of pressure in his limited snaps which is the way he should be used. Give me Taco as a mainstay at DE and I think the Dline could do some things.

After that work on the secondary in the draft.
These are all decent role players with the exception of Collins who I think could become very good.

Don't know if we'll ever find Lawrence becomes a foundational guy serous about football enough that we can rely on him year after year. Got a feeling it will always be hit or miss with him.

Crawford's in the same category with less talent.

It might take just one stud to turn it all around, but that guy will likely have to be a top ten pick. Thats a risky trade.

Top Bottom