Cardinals Stuff...

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
This is what happens when you ignore Beasley and try to force to Dez.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
If that happens again this time, then it's time to hit the panic button.

That is a bad team over there that isn't going to win more than 6 games this year....7 tops.
The Cowboys look like a 7 or 8 win team themselves. Talent wise I think we're the better team, but I just don't trust the Dallas coaching staff.

If I could say with confidence the Cowboys are going to feature the run attack, my prediction would be Cowboys by 10. However, based on what I've seen so far, I have a feeling that this game will be a bit of a nail biter.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I blame Linehan, too. But, the HC always carries the majority of the blame because, you know, he's the fucking head coach.
Exactly. I'm not sure why it's so hard to understand that Garrett is just as responsible for the sub par play calling.

There have been plenty of instances during a game where the head coach has interjected him into the play calling. They usually do this to provide guidance in a crucial situation or to correct a coordinator who's gone rogue.

Many of the game's best coaches do this and they do it in the moment so that they can hopefully salvage that game.

So I really don't understanding this notion that Schmitty has where he's kind of insinuating that Garrett is absolved from blame when it comes to the Cowboys' run : pass ratio against the Broncos.

As mentioned above, as head coach Garrett should be making those corrections on the spot in real time rather than waiting until after the game to "look at film" or whatever other excuse he may offer up. The fact that on the spot corrections aren't happening are serve as evidence that he's perfectly fine with the play calling.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
The secondary is in bad shape.

Carroll is fucking awful.
Scandrick hurt yet again.
Jones making Deion like business decisions without any of the big plays or shutdown ability.
Heath showing why he's only good in situations.
Brown is the only bright spot so far. Also looking like a better draft pick than any of the beat up bums we took this year.

1bigfan13

Staff member

Jones making Deion like business decisions without any of the big plays or shutdown ability.
Brown is the only bright spot so far. Also looking like a better draft pick than any of the beat up bums we took this year.

Most on here know that I've always hated the Byron Jones draft pick.

His job shouldn't be safe after this season.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Well I mean I don't want to toot my horn or anything, but I've been on the Xavier Woods bandwagon long before the Cowboys even showed interest.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Lewis got a pick...

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

PFF.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Does Woods even have enough snaps for that to have any meaning?

DLK150

DCC 4Life
We are 2 games into the season. None of them have enough snaps for this to have meaning.
Yeah, at this point I'd take it with a grain of salt. Also, being the best safety among a group like ours is really nothing to write home about.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Ezekiel Elliott, Dak Prescott look forward to providing answers after week of questions
7:59 AM CT
Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

FRISCO, Texas -- Not many people will admit this now, but some wanted the Dallas Cowboys to give Alfred Morris some more work after Ezekiel Elliott’s first two games last year.

Elliot had just 51 yards in that season's opener. He ran for 83 yards in Week 2 but fumbled twice and was pulled in favor of Morris to close the game out.

In his third game, Elliott ran 30 times for 140 yards in a Cowboys win. That started a four-game streak in which he had at least 134 yards rushing each time.

Nobody is calling for Morris to take some of the load off Elliott after two games this season, but the Cowboys running back is facing questions, mostly about his effort on two interceptions but also for just picking up 8 yards on nine carries last week against the Denver Broncos.

Add that to the pending legal issues that could prevent Elliott from playing in six games at some point this season or next, and the attention on Elliott has been greatly enhanced. As he stood in front of his locker Wednesday, Elliott answered no fewer than six questions about lack of effort.

Dak Prescott did not face questions his rookie year until back-to-back subpar games in December in which the offense scored just 22 points and he had two touchdown passes and two interceptions.

As the Cowboys get ready to play the Arizona Cardinals on Monday night, it is almost as if the goodwill Elliott and Prescott generated over their rookie seasons that helped the Cowboys finish 13-3 and earn them Pro Bowl appearances is forgotten.

At least from outside The Star and from a certain segment of the fandom.

“We’re a very strong team. I think we respond well with adversity,” Elliott said. “We’ve had bad weeks offensively before. You’ve got to take that on the chin. You’ve got to get back in here and you’ve got to get to work, focus on the next weekend, making sure we don’t go out there and perform like that again. We’ve got to get started early and make sure we execute throughout the game.”

A prevailing theory from the 42-17 loss to Denver is that the Broncos offered up a blueprint to stop the Cowboys. Arizona coach Bruce Arians debunked that theory, unless “you can borrow Denver’s players.”

Prescott doesn’t believe a blueprint has been devised.

“I don’t buy into that. I think we just didn’t play our game and we didn’t execute the way that we should or we normally do,” he said. “I kind of encourage teams and hope teams give us that same scheme and those same matchups. I’m not buying it.”

Neither was Elliott.

“I mean, every week people stack up against our offense,” Elliott said. “It’s not something we’ve seen for the first time. It may have been the first time that it’s worked that successfully, but teams do that every week. So I don’t think there’s any blueprint to stopping us. I think it all comes down to how we go out there and execute.”

The Cowboys are built to succeed through their running game. It makes Prescott’s life easier. It makes the defense’s job easier. For the first time as a pro, Elliott was stopped, which led to the frustration in not chasing down the interceptions.

Elliott admitted he was wrong, but Prescott said the running back had a positive attitude Thursday.

“He’s Zeke,” Prescott said. “That’s another guy that no matter win or loss really doesn’t change. He keeps the same mindset, the same attitude, the same demeanor and body language. Just comes to work every day.”

As Prescott spoke in front of his locker Thursday, he was purposefully confident. He has to be that way. The offense feeds off him. It’s what he was voted one of the captains by his teammates.

“He’s been the same as always, a guy who comes to work and works hard,” Elliott said. “I mean, nothing really needs to change. He’s a great worker and a great leader so I mean, he’s been the same.”

The Cowboys are five days removed from the Denver loss. To steal a Bill Belichick-ism, they are on to Arizona.

“It was one day and it was a bad day for us,” Prescott said. “We know that and we all addressed that, accepted that and take responsibility. I’m excited for these guys to come back because I know how confident we all will be and how we were at practice and how we will be for the rest of the week going into that game Monday.”

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Good news on both fronts. :unsure

Top Bottom