Camp Cuts/Signings Chatter

Smitty

DCC 4Life
They seem to treat it as a throw away/gamble round. Gamble on injured players, take luxury picks or trade it away.

8-8 teams should be starting 2nd rounders.
Aside from Lee and Carter we've had a horrific time finding long term starters in that round. And Carter fit the mold as an injury player.

I have no idea why we don't more often identify a Sean Lee that we had pegged as a first rounder and take that guy.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
We have a faulty 2nd round draft pick strategy I think.
Last year, we had no 2nd. 2011 we took Bruce Carter. 2010 Sean Lee.

I don't think it has anything to do with the 2nd round.

Edit: I see you addressed that on the next page. But yeah, I don't think it has anything to do with the round. Just a retarded idea the front office has stuck in their heads about TEs.

D

Deuce

Devery Henderson released by Washington after signing in June.

Not sure what's up with him, but is bring him in. Stretch the field from the slot and not put so much pressure on the rookie.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Not sure what's up with him, but is bring him in. Stretch the field from the slot and not put so much pressure on the rookie.
Feh.

If he can't make the Redskins and stretch the field for them, what's he going to do for us?

Besides, he'll probably end up back in New Orleans since their WR situation is so scary.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

I wouldn't hate it, but he might be overrated.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
According to the San Francisco Chronicle, Raiders coaches have accepted that Matt Flynn isn't "going to have success throwing longer than 25 yards."

Per beat writer Vittorio Tafur, it's been "clear all camp." That's absolutely embarrassing for an NFL quarterback, of course, but not a surprise. We already knew Flynn had one of the weakest, if not the weakest, arm in the league. This is just further evidence of how spectacularly weak the Raiders' offense is going to be. Flynn has no one to throw to, and his inability to challenge farther than 25 yards down field is going to lead to stacked boxes for Darren McFadden. It's a mess of a situation
___

TWENTY FIVE yards? That's pathetic. I think Brad Johnson could do better than that.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
According to the San Francisco Chronicle, Raiders coaches have accepted that Matt Flynn isn't "going to have success throwing longer than 25 yards."

Per beat writer Vittorio Tafur, it's been "clear all camp." That's absolutely embarrassing for an NFL quarterback, of course, but not a surprise. We already knew Flynn had one of the weakest, if not the weakest, arm in the league. This is just further evidence of how spectacularly weak the Raiders' offense is going to be. Flynn has no one to throw to, and his inability to challenge farther than 25 yards down field is going to lead to stacked boxes for Darren McFadden. It's a mess of a situation
___

TWENTY FIVE yards? That's pathetic. I think Brad Johnson could do better than that.
I honestly think that McGloin kid ends up starting for them, it is that bad. Their WRs are not built for a dink and dunk guy.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
I honestly think that McGloin kid ends up starting for them, it is that bad. Their WRs are not built for a dink and dunk guy.
Yeah, Flynn throws like a girl, Pryor isn't a QB, Wilson is playing like crap.

McGroin is the only one left.

They have a Cowboys early 2000s roster

The Raiders are Clowney bound

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah, Flynn throws like a girl, Pryor isn't a QB, Wilson is playing like crap.

McGroin is the only one left.

The Raiders are Clowney bound
Looking at that franchise, that's probably not a bad thing.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

___

Flynn was a terrible QB in college. I'm not sure what in the hell gave anyone the impression that he could be a legit NFL starter. The dude threw some slants in garbage time for the Packers and that was about it. The Flynn hype never made sense to me in the first place.

junk

Not So New Member
Aside from Lee and Carter we've had a horrific time finding long term starters in that round. And Carter fit the mold as an injury player.

I have no idea why we don't more often identify a Sean Lee that we had pegged as a first rounder and take that guy.
Yeah, for some reason I thought Lee was coming off an injury. I guess he played all of 09, but was out all of 08. I think teams were concerned about injuries.....which has some validity.

I love the second round. Always great players there. Like I said, 8-8 teams should be mining starters there.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah, for some reason I thought Lee was coming off an injury. I guess he played all of 09, but was out all of 08. I think teams were concerned about injuries.....which has some validity.

I love the second round. Always great players there. Like I said, 8-8 teams should be mining starters there.
Yeah, there is no excuse to miss as often as we do there. Bruce Carter/Sean Lee/Andre Gurode/Flozell Adams types should be much easier to find in that round than we end up doing.

Donpingon

DCC 4Life
Yeah, there is no excuse to miss as often as we do there. Bruce Carter/Sean Lee/Andre Gurode/Flozell Adams types should be much easier to find in that round than we end up doing.
You forgot to name Gavin Escobar on that list

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I don't know, watching Mcgloin at Penn State he never looked liked an NFL starter.

I wouldn't be surprised if Prior starts given the mobile QB trend going on right now.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Wow that's an interesting trade.

Top Bottom