BTB: Cowboys playoff picture and rooting guide after the win over Washington

Some folks are so desperate to believe that he's actually getting better that they are taking a game in which he only threw for 102 yards and completed 50% of his passes and pointing to the as some sort of evidence the he was "better" last night.

Cut it out.

He was bad again last night. I still like him and have hope for him, but that will have to wait until next year because there is no way he and this offense can be this bad and then turn it completely around in a matter of weeks.

It's not happening.
I think it’s safe to say that Wade Fucking Wilson isn’t doing him any favors. That experiment needs to end soon. Need a new voice, I sure wish Romo could be QB coach.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
There are so many potential tiebreaker scenarios that I don't even bother rooting for or against anybody at this point. Win out and I think we have at least a 50/50 chance of getting in.

So many of these teams are going to be playing each other down the stretch, New Orleans and Atlanta play twice, I think we should probably root for New Orleans to sweep them. Carolina plays Atlanta the last week of the year, Carolina/Green Bay play in two weeks, Carolina plays Minnesota next week, Green Bay will also be playing Detroit and Minnesota.

Basically every team that is in the wild card hunt with us plays each other over the next few weeks and all of them have pretty difficult stretches.

Just win out, get the tiebreaker over Seattle and let the chips fall where they may.

And I say this with the understanding that the chances of us winning out are extremely small.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And I say this with the understanding that the chances of us winning out are extremely small.
Yeah about the time everything else goes right Dallas will shit the bed against the Giants or Raiders. So I'm not worried about everything else. Every year I hear about 10-6 won't get you in this year and then almost every year the 10-6 teams make it in.

So the only thing I'm really worried about is winning every week. Starting with the Giants. Nothing else matters if we don't beat them.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Yeah about the time everything else goes right Dallas will shit the bed against the Giants or Raiders. So I'm not worried about everything else. Every year I hear about 10-6 won't get you in this year and then almost every year the 10-6 teams make it in.

So the only thing I'm really worried about is winning every week. Starting with the Giants. Nothing else matters if we don't beat them.
This is all that matters. We win four in a row then hells yes we'd have beaten both of these teams and the sky is the limit.

But we are not consistent enough, or maybe at all.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is all that matters. We win four in a row then hells yes we'd have beaten both of these teams and the sky is the limit.

But we are not consistent enough, or maybe at all.
Well last year we obviously were consistent enough. Earlier this year we won 3 in a row. So 4 might not be that big of a stretch. Of course we won those 3 straight with Zeke. That's why the next 2 games are my biggest concern. If we win these next two our chances are totally different.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Well last year we obviously were consistent enough. Earlier this year we won 3 in a row. So 4 might not be that big of a stretch. Of course we won those 3 straight with Zeke. That's why the next 2 games are my biggest concern. If we win these next two our chances are totally different.
Dak has to play out of his funk and the defense has a lot more gelling to do. It’s possible, but not likely.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dak has to play out of his funk and the defense has a lot more gelling to do. It’s possible, but not likely.
Yeah, we need the O-line to continue playing like they did last week against the Redskins. If they continue putting forth an elite performance like that it can carry the team.

Also we need the officials to be more like the Redskins game and less like all the others.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yeah, we need the O-line to continue playing like they did last week against the Redskins. If they continue putting forth an elite performance like that it can carry the team.

Also we need the officials to be more like the Redskins game and less like all the others.
The OL enhanced the tenning game but the passing game didn’t come around.

Top Bottom