Broaddus/Scout’s Eye: Three Young Players Who Stepped Up

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I see your point but surely there is someone who can deal with the special team aspects. Beasley has better hands than Harris but I wouldn't be opposed to replacing him with Newsome. This guy has too much upside to risk losing him.
Elite returners who can also cover kicks like a badass aren't that easy to find. Not to mention Harris is a solid receiver for depth.

hstour

Brand New Member
It is dumb to cut Harris for Newsome. Harris was outstanding in returns and covering kicks last year. There is value in that.
Value to the tune of 857 yards and a TD on kickoffs and 256 yards and a TD on punts.

That's a lot of yardage and better starting field position you are giving your offense.

And I'm still waiting to see them use him in the screen pass game. That is a play that sets up well for his skills.

Jiggyfly

Banned
It's a decision not a reaction or proclamation.
I like his size and hands. He has a good stride and runs good routes.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c9lZqIC2Ihc
How is it not a reaction or proclamation, you said you would cut Harris for him is that not a proclamation?

And you are reacting to a guy who showed up in one game over a guy who has been productive in multiple actual NFL seasons, do you think its that easy to get good production from a return guy?

You can find a guy like Newsome every year and he is 25 years old its not like he is some developing young pup.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
How is it not a reaction or proclamation, you said you would cut Harris for him is that not a proclamation?

And you are reacting to a guy who showed up in one game over a guy who has been productive in multiple actual NFL seasons, do you think its that easy to get good production from a return guy?

You can find a guy like Newsome every year and he is 25 years old its not like he is some developing young pup.
Would you please show me where I said I would cut anyone. I said I prefer Newsome over Harris.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Would you please show me where I said I would cut anyone. I said I prefer Newsome over Harris.
If we don't cut Harris then you are keeping 6 WRs. Unless you cut Street or Beasley.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
WOW so keeping him over Harris means what exactly?
It means exactly what I said. As a receiver I prefer Newsome over Harris. The club could keep them both. I am not aware thaylt my preference is a determination that one or the other has to be cut. Just take it for what it is.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
If we don't cut Harris then you are keeping 6 WRs. Unless you cut Street or Beasley.
I believe I already said that I would be ok with him replacing Beasley. It would help if you would read things before you make erroneous conclusions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom