Boycott Jerry - No more talk. It's time for action.

Boycott Jerry

Brand New Member
We've read your reactions to Gil Lebreton's column about boycotting Jerry Jones. We've seen the reactions of Cowboys fans in person, on Facebook, Twitter, on numerous blogs and sports media websites. There's been a lot of talk that the only way that Jerry steps down from the GM position is either death or a boycott. Seeing as murder is illegal, the only remaining option is to boycott Jerry.

Boycott Jerry means stop going to games. Stop buying tickets. Cancel your season tickets. Give up your seat license. Don't buy official team merchandise. Don't put another dollar in Jerry's pocket. And tell every Cowboys fan you know to do the same.

We're here to let you know the time has come for action. We hope you will join us. Follow us on twitter (@boycottJerry). Tag your Cowboys tweets with #boycottJerry. Contribute to the Boycott Jerry billboard fund to reach out to more fans and to let Jerry know we mean business. Buy a Boycott Jerry t-shirt to show your support in public with proceeds going to the billboard fund.

It's time to take back this team and bring back hope that the Cowboys can be great again.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Welcome to the board. I agree with you 100%. It's the only way as fans we can make any difference at all. A half empty stadium and bleeding revenue from him is the only way he will pay attention. As long as the money keeps flowing Jerry has made it obvious that mediocrity is okay with him. It's not for us. We are the Dallas freakin' Cowboys. We expect more. The only way to get the changes made necessary to bring us out of mediocrity is to boycott. You will find that most on this board have been boycotting for 4-5 years. And plan to do so until real change is made.

Cotton

Staff member
Damn right, Ed. Fight the Power!

:tippytoe

Boycott Jerry

Brand New Member
I myself have been boycotting since the Boys laid an egg in the last game at Texas Stadium. When stating this aloud, I got looked at like I was insane. So the last few years have been filled with apathy and hopelessness. But I'm tired of being an apathetic fan of a pathetic team. So I'm motivated to action. And it sounds like there are lots of folks out there who are arriving at the same place.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I myself have been boycotting since the Boys laid an egg in the last game at Texas Stadium. When stating this aloud, I got looked at like I was insane. So the last few years have been filled with apathy and hopelessness. But I'm tired of being an apathetic fan of a pathetic team. So I'm motivated to action. And it sounds like there are lots of folks out there who are arriving at the same place.
Most of, if not all, of the posters here have been at that spot for the past four years, easily.

Cotton

Staff member
Me and a few other guys on here put some time in on a movement about 4-5 years ago, but it never gained enough ground to take off. I'm hoping it will this time. Keep on trucking, my friend. And don't let the people that say it will never work bother you.

Boycott Jerry

Brand New Member
Me and a few other guys on here put some time in on a movement about 4-5 years ago, but it never gained enough ground to take off. I'm hoping it will this time. Keep on trucking, my friend. And don't let the people that say it will never work bother you.
Good to know we have your support. We are committed to this being a project that could last a couple of years. We're in it for the long haul.

Cotton

Staff member
Good to know we have your support. We are committed to this being a project that could last a couple of years. We're in it for the long haul.
Keep in mind, I'm not speaking for the DCC. I am speaking on a personal basis.

Last edited:

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
I haven't bought any merch that could possibly go into Jerry's pocket for maybe ten years.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I haven't bought any merch that could possibly go into Jerry's pocket for maybe ten years.
I have a theory about the "proposed" boycott. Those who do not approve of Jones have been boycotting like you and perhaps me for sometime. Therefore, that group will be static. No effect. Those who have been patronizing the games and products will continue to do so. Net effect zip. Even if there is an increase in those who will have a late comer boycott mentality they will be offset by those who have been waiting for a while for an opportunity to be in the stands. Overall change neglegable.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I have a theory about the "proposed" boycott. Those who do not approve of Jones have been boycotting like you and perhaps me for sometime. Therefore, that group will be static. No effect. Those who have been patronizing the games and products will continue to do so. Net effect zip. Even if there is an increase in those who will have a late comer boycott mentality they will be offset by those who have been waiting for a while for an opportunity to be in the stands. Overall change neglegable.
From the talk on the sports talk radio from the callers there are more and more joining the ranks. From social media the same from what I have seen. Besides I shall not waiver just because someone else doesnt.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
I'm just glad that people are turning on him, not that I think it will make any difference, really.

But just not to have to hear, 'he just wants to win!' is a victory.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I want to see the first media type who asks Jerry Jones on national TV "So how exactly, asides from feeling disappointed, are you accountable for you performance as a GM?" Let me follow up by asking "Have you lost any money?" "Or negatively impacted in any measurable way?"

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
From the talk on the sports talk radio from the callers there are more and more joining the ranks. From social media the same from what I have seen. Besides I shall not waiver just because someone else doesnt.
And there will be a clamor until at least the season (including playoffs) are over. Then the media will move on to something else that will occupy their soap box. These comments aren't my preferences rather an observance of things I have seen before.

Last edited:

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
We've had near blackouts during the Campo era and that was at Texas stadium when there were fewer seats to feel and the seats were cheaper.

I think Garrett's unbelievably bad decision making will undermine Jerry's "just on the verge of making a run" company line and even his usual huckster ability won't be able to move casual fans to have the same level of enthusiasm for buying tickets.

Jerry can fix this by firing Garrett and hiring some lifer puppet though. Lovie Smith or even someone worse would do the trick, and let all the air out of any boycott movement for another 3 or 4 years.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Good luck to you man.

Unlike some, I do think that public backlash from the fan base will bother him enough to make some type of change.

I wish you luck.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
Him getting the stadjium was the worst thing, because he has NO reason to change anything now.

Top Bottom