Big decisions coming this offseason

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Screw Dunbar.

All we keep hearing about is how good he is and so on, yet when it comes down to it, his impact is minimal.

He is one of the last guys I would consider vital to keep.
I would have rather had Williams on the roster all year. I hate the idea of utility/specialty guys on offense. Dunbar isn't useful as a RB. So basically when he comes in a game the defense forgets about stopping the run and focuses completely on the passing game. I have no use or a desire for a guy like Dunbar on my roster. The sadest part is this is the guy we didn't even use in preseason because he was too valuable.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I would have rather had Williams on the roster all year. I hate the idea of utility/specialty guys on offense. Dunbar isn't useful as a RB. So basically when he comes in a game the defense forgets about stopping the run and focuses completely on the passing game. I have no use or a desire for a guy like Dunbar on my roster. The sadest part is this is the guy we didn't even use in preseason because he was too valuable.
If we had kept Murray, Williams, and Randle, maybe we aren't talking about Murray being run into the ground. I think Williams would have been able to take at least 50 carries off Murray's plate.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
If we had kept Murray, Williams, and Randle, maybe we aren't talking about Murray being run into the ground. I think Williams would have been able to take at least 50 carries off Murray's plate.
You're probably right, and I think the signing of Williams was Dallas' plan all along in case Murray showed a serious dropoff in production. With ground and pound forming the backbone of Dallas' identity I'll bet we carry one more RB than we had in 2014.

Dallas should be looking to replace Murray at #1 AND upgrade Williams/Randle for the #2 spot.

There aren't many available #1 options at RB outside of the draft... Murray, maybe Ingram or Peterson.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
You're probably right, and I think the signing of Williams was Dallas' plan all along in case Murray showed a serious dropoff in production. With ground and pound forming the backbone of Dallas' identity I'll bet we carry one more RB than we had in 2014.

Dallas should be looking to replace Murray at #1 AND upgrade Williams/Randle for the #2 spot.

There aren't many available #1 options at RB outside of the draft... Murray, maybe Ingram or Peterson.
I think Rice could have a bounce back year. I wouldn't complain if we signed him.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I think Rice could have a bounce back year. I wouldn't complain if we signed him.
Off the field it would have to be spun as a major "redemption" type story in addition to the gamble that the man has anything left. Recall he was sucking ass on the field well before any of the crap with his fiance was revealed, and that's partly why he's unemployed.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Off the field it would have to be spun as a major "redemption" type story in addition to the gamble that the man has anything left. Recall he was sucking ass on the field well before any of the crap with his fiance was revealed, and that's partly why he's unemployed.
He had a down year then had a year off. I think a guy with his running style could bounce back. He's also only 28. He also averages 61 receptions for 505 yards per season, so he's at worst a good 3rd down back.

Cujo

DCC 4Life

I am still shocked no one ganked him from our PS.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
He had a down year then had a year off. I think a guy with his running style could bounce back. He's also only 28. He also averages 61 receptions for 505 yards per season, so he's at worst a good 3rd down back.
Yeah, I could see him working as part of a rotation.

Top Bottom