Bears Stuff…

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
:doh

How long until every NFL team is Oregon?

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
we've lost Farniok and McQuaide on extra points? good lord.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I think that's the best way to approach it. Let him spy Fields and support the run. The rest of the DL can go all in on pass rush.
I think I'd do that, too. What is their biggest weapon? What's the thing that would beat you? Fields running. Stop that, and even as much as it hurts to not have MP involved in everything else, you should win. Lawrence and Sam and Dorance and Fowler should give you enough pass rush even without him.

It is nice though that this will be a good exam on what they learned from the Philly game and another time seeing it to get ready for the Christmas Eve game.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think I'd do that, too. What is their biggest weapon? What's the thing that would beat you? Fields running. Stop that, and even as much as it hurts to not have MP involved in everything else, you should win. Lawrence and Sam and Dorance and Fowler should give you enough pass rush even without him.

It is nice though that this will be a good exam on what they learned from the Philly game and another time seeing it to get ready for the Christmas Eve game.
Yep, it's a poor man's Eagles offense. If we want to go somewhere this year we will have to figure out how to defend these option offenses.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Fields is not half the passer Hurts is and that is saying something. I do believe they got to get the right personnel on the field to combat the run.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Fields is not half the passer Hurts is and that is saying something. I do believe they got to get the right personnel on the field to combat the run.
That's why they're a poor man's version, but stylistically it's an offense that relies on the run first, to include the QB as a big rushing threat, and only asking the QB to make simple reads in the passing game primarily off RPO/motion type action.

I'd say it's good practice for the Eagles and agree that Parsons should probably play more of a spy role. Donovan Wilson will be particularly useful in that role too I think.

Top Bottom