BBQ Thread

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
[MENTION=15]pdom[/MENTION] you gotta get out of that place. Those people are crazy.

I've got 29 acres in Marion TX that we can convert into a Chinese-American refugee camp.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Yeah, I have to check to see if it's a Spare the Air day before BBQ or fire pit. But banning it permanently? Fml.

They actually have have people drive around neighborhoods like they're meter maids or something to dole out fines.
Spare the air day? Oh wow. Yeah you are on the way to banning them. You should talk to skid fast and get a good spot in that camp before they are all gone.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Yeah, I have to check to see if it's a Spare the Air day before BBQ or fire pit. But banning it permanently? Fml.

They actually have have people drive around neighborhoods like they're meter maids or something to dole out fines.

data

Forbes #1
http://sparetheair.org/

How many Winter Spare the Air Alerts do you expect this winter?On average, there are 15-20 Winter Spare the Air Alerts each winter.

How do you determine violations of the Wood Burning Rule?Air District inspectors do a visual inspection of a home or business that is suspected to be burning during a Winter Spare the Air Alert . If they are found to be in violation of the Wood Burning Rule, inspectors document the violation and send the information to headquarters for verification. After the violation is verified, first-time violators will be issued a Notice of Violation, but will have an opportunity to take the Air District’s Wood Smoke Awareness School online or by mail in lieu of paying a fine. Those who are found in violation a second time are issued a NOV citation and are subject to a $500 fine. Repeat violators who subsequently continue to burn in violation of the regulation will face increasing financial penalties.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
How is wood burning hurting the fucking air?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
What a bunch of tree hugging bullshit..shit like this is why I drive a black smoke belching diesel truck

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
California is a suck hole. I would never live there. It is bad enough I end up working there approximately two weeks out of each month.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Can't believe this thread was buried on Page 3.

Smoked 3 racks of ribs this past weekend. Kept the heat down below 220 and smoked them for 5 hours, then wrapped in foil and threw back on for 2 more hours.

Admittedly wasted a lot of time, but 7 hours of cook made so much difference...most tender ribs I've ever made.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Smoked 3 briskets this past weekend for my parents 50th anniversary party. Tried Franklin's butcher paper method instead of foil and really pleased with results.

Cotton

Staff member
Smoked 3 briskets this past weekend for my parents 50th anniversary party. Tried Franklin's butcher paper method instead of foil and really pleased with results.
Do tell.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I read something earlier this morning about using butcher paper, but have never had any trouble with foil.

What's the novelty?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Buy a 6-8 pound USDA Choice brisket flat.
Do not trim the fat side. Remove any fat and silverskin from the lean side.
Apply a 50/50 kosher salt and coarse ground pepper rub just before cooking.
Cook the brisket fat-side down at 250-275°F to an internal temperature of 165°F.
Wrap in butcher paper and continue cooking until 200-205°F and probe tender.
Rest in paper for 30 minutes before slicing.

Cotton

Staff member
Cook the brisket fat-side down at 250-275°F to an internal temperature of 165°F.
So, what does the butcher paper do that foil doesn't?

Cotton

Staff member
It gives the meat a better bark on the outside.
Hmm, I may have to try this method. I wonder if butcher paper would make any difference on hams. I normally cook my hams for about 2 hours naked and then wrap them in foil to finish them up.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Only thing different is I always use around 12-15lb full packers and put the point back on for burnt ends

Top Bottom